CCC THS at Ruswarp Whitby (1 Viewer)

May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
We went to the THS at Ruswarp in May. Lovely location, and a nice walk into Whitby.

When we left there we went to the THS at Flamborough for 3 nights. That was brilliant, too. :giggle:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
If you're still there next week you have to try the village butchers at the bottom of the hill.
We have been known to travel from Scarborough just to go to the butcher's

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Outdoors Dad
Nov 21, 2021
Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Amethyst
Exp
Newbie, former van camper and still wild camper
Yes the walk from campsite to Ruswarp is maybe 1/2 mile at most and yes it doesn't have a path for most of it but not a busy road. We followed the river/ train track from Ruswarp into Whitby, it's a nice walk about a mile.

May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
The Ruswarp one is just around the corner from where we live. I don't think I'd sgree about the easy walk into Whitby there's no footpath on the road.
No. But there's a public footpath along the side of the very quiet railway line from Ruswarp into Whitby.

May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
Yes it's fine when you get to Ruswarp. The THS is quite a way along the road out.
I suppose it depends on your definition of 'quite a way'.
We found it to be not bad, at all. We walked it half a dozen times, with the dog. It took about 10 mins. We had no problems at all.
For anyone unnecessarily worried about it, there's always the bus which stops right outside the THS and which accepts dogs.

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
I suppose it depends on your definition of 'quite a way'.
We found it to be not bad, at all. We walked it half a dozen times, with the dog. It took about 10 mins. We had no problems at all.
For anyone unnecessarily worried about it, there's always the bus which stops right outside the THS and which accepts dogs.
My friend lives in the house next to the THS ! I know that road well. It's a bit dodgy but at least not as bad as the one from Ruswarp to Whitby ( over the bridge at Ruswarp and up the steep hill know by the locals as danger bank) I reckon people who walk up there are bonkers .
The problem in season is that a lot of people's minds aren't totally on their driving I know because heading in the other direction I had someone drive into the back of me at the junction with the main road 3 weeks ago he said it was his fault but he was distracted as he didn't know the roads!

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Wonder what happened to the tramp who always sat on the bench half way up the hill out of ruswarp.
Allegedly he was a local wealthy man with property but accidently killed his son
As penance he gave up the wealthy life and became a king of the road.
More than likely dead by now.

May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
Wonder what happened to the tramp who always sat on the bench half way up the hill out of ruswarp.
Allegedly he was a local wealthy man with property but accidently killed his son
That's a tragic story 😧.

kelv

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2014
leicester
Funster No
MH
Carthago 145
Exp
We stayed on this temporary site last week great location nice walk in to Whitby
Shame about the shoddy bus service right outside the gate.

OP
OP
Outdoors Dad
Nov 21, 2021
Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Amethyst
Exp
Newbie, former van camper and still wild camper
It's bizzare you mention a 'tramp' because yesterday we went to Ruswarp train station to investigate getting a train. However we decided to walk. Whilst walking my 9 year old son asked if the 'homeless man' lives in the little station! I never noticed him as I was trying to navigate the time table board. My son said the man blended in to the bench he was sat on........all this before the Dracula experience :oops::LOL:

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
CazPaul. Paul, I can't believe you and Caroline haven’t discovered the C&CC THS before now. :whatthe:
They are such great value compared to club site fees, and located all over the UK, at some really smashing locations.

Obviously you are both still working, but if retired, you could easily holiday all summer, just on THS and weekend Rallies. ;)

Can you not work from home, ie, on a data connection from your MH? ;)

Cheers,

Jock. :)

Apr 22, 2013
Cotswolds
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 625
Exp
Since 2011
We stayed on this temporary site last week great location nice walk in to Whitby
Shame about the shoddy bus service right outside the gate.
When we stayed on this THS a couple of weeks ago the bus worked fine for us.
Watch for the bus to go up past the site then head for the lower gate. The bus comes back down in about 10 minutes on it way back to Whitby. It the number 95 bus.

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
CazPaul. Paul, I can't believe you and Caroline haven’t discovered the C&CC THS before now. :whatthe:
They are such great value compared to club site fees, and located all over the UK, at some really smashing locations.

Obviously you are both still working, but if retired, you could easily holiday all summer, just on THS and weekend Rallies. ;)

Can you not work from home, ie, on a data connection from your MH? ;)

Cheers,

Jock. :)
Unfortunately not Jock, it would be lovely, how do you find out where they are all taking place?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back