Caution - items may have shifted during flight

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by steveclecy, Aug 30, 2011.

1. steveclecy

steveclecy Read Only Funster

Damn, damn! Arrived on site and opened an overhead locker, forgetting the words of cabin crew during the landing routine. A neat little transistor radio had indeed shifted during the journey and struck the table, leaving a not so neat smiley face in the laminate top.

Who do I blame? Me, only me, that is what makes it worse.

Steve

2. peter marshall

peter marshall

Hi Steve
    I know what you meen. I have done the same only mine was the remote control for the sky box, My Mr's still won't let me forget it . Pete:Sad::Sad:

Ps what I do now during travel is have a couple of cousions on the table.

3. Douglas

Douglas Read Only Funster

Its also happened to me, I have a neat impression of the prongs of a 3 pin electric plug to prove it.

Doug...

4. Road Runner

Road Runner Read Only Funster

Hell I am so clumsy, I am always doing stupid things that are my fault only, cant even blame my Bruno anymore:RollEyes:

Last edited: Aug 30, 2011
  5. FIDGET

FIDGET Funster

Why is it (its already bad enough that its happen what ever:cry:) that her indoors NEVER lets you forget it, :shout:and points it out at every opportunity !!!!

6. Simba

Simba Read Only Funster

Know what you mean, had 2 tins fall out of overhead locker leaving 2 nice holes in laminate top :Doh: tins now moved so if it happens again wont damage anything, I hope.

7. ninjayorkies

ninjayorkies Read Only Funster

Do it all the time and always the same cupboard. The dogs are getting a bit fed up with paperback books landing on their heads :Eeek:

8. Mags52

Mags52 Funster

Forgot to lock the fridge once and dogs were hit by flying boxes of frozen bolognese.
    They were less than pleased ... mind you I was taking a corner rather sharply at the time. :Blush:

9. ninjayorkies

ninjayorkies Read Only Funster

My fridge locking mechanism whatsit thingumyjig has broken so I have to block it with my sewing machine unless I want spuds and milk all over the floor :Rofl1:

10. Chris

Chris Funster Life Member

We forget to lock the fridge ALL the time.

First corner it all kicks off and we have bottles rolling around until we can pull over.:Angry:

11. rob kinnear

rob kinnear Read Only Funster

After I did this with a tin of beans the boss now removes the shelves and stands them in the cupboard across the front so if anything falls over it stays in the cupboard.

Rob
    :thumb:

12. bernardfeay

bernardfeay Read Only Funster

my wife deliberately does not put the click down on the fridge, coz she might be going back in again.

for the last 7 years we have had stuff fly out over the floor. i keep my gob shut, there is no way I'm am going to mention it again.

For the first 3 or 4 years I tried to persuade her to put the click down. It did no good. All that happens is that she sulks at me all day if I make the slightest comment.

Sometimes she will put the whistler down on the kettle so it does not boil all the water away before we realise it is hot; but not often.

• Like Like x 1
  13. roger buckley

roger buckley Read Only Funster

Easy remedy.
    Let the expert (wife) do all the packing - :Smile:

14. JockandRita

JockandRita Funster Life Member

Having seen the damage to our MH table tops from the previous owner's overhead locker opening experiences, everything is now stored in plastic baskets of varying sizes, from a cheapy 50p or £1 shop.
    That way nothing falls out, and when you want to retrieve something from the locker, you just lift that particular basket out. :thumb: There are even baskets in the little envelope lockers.

Our new table tops haven't suffered from similar damage as a result.

Cheers,

Jock.

15. Ralph-n-Bev

Ralph-n-Bev Funster

We have had things escape from the fridge , but so far have undamaged work tops in the motorhome . We did have a few accidents with previous caravans though.

We do have a large chip in the very expensive and huge bath Ralph fitted :RollEyes:
    The solid and very heavy shower head clip accidentally slipped out of Ralphs hand when he was fitting it to the wall .
    It chipped a big piece off near the plug hole which is in the middle with the taps .
    He was nearly sick , Im just glad it wasn't me that did it.

16. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

Like Jock we keep many small items in plastic boxes/baskets. Where they are on top of each other we use a piece of non-slip matting between them. In the one locker where that is not totally practical we have a couple of the extendible rods to keep things in place.

One cupboard we did have problems with is at the rear of the van where the door sometimes came open under braking. A turn button fitted at the top of the door stopped that.

17. bigmillie

bigmillie Read Only Funster

In our van the previous owner fitted net curtain wire across each cupboard inside held on by the little hooks and eyes works great :thumb: