Carver water heater - newbie dumb question

Discussion in 'Heating and Air-Conditioning' started by ninjayorkies, Jul 15, 2010.

1. ninjayorkies

ninjayorkies Read Only Funster

I'm on the road in my van (Bessacarr E765) for the 1st time since buying it in late March and I have a stupid question.
    The water heater (Carver Cascade Rapide) when I switch it on at the wall and the little panel - the red, yellow and green lights all come on and stay on. Tried switching it on and off to no avail and I'm sure I was told only the green light should be on. I'm on EHU at the mo so is it something I'm not doing or could I have a problem?

2. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

Hi

Assuming you have gas ,( check at the cooker) , check that the gas is turned on for the Cascade, should be a valve somewhere, sometimes on a manifold under the sink ..

Have you ran water though the heater to purge the air from the line. ? If not open the hot tap furthest from the heater and run till there are no air bubbles.

If you are on EHU there is a separate switch for the 230v heating element.. usually mounted close to the heater, sometimes on a seat base.. looks like a standard domestic switch with a red neon.

hth

3. ninjayorkies

Yes switch is on for the gas - assuming so as all the switches are pointing in the same direction and everything else works. Had gaslow fitted last week and no problems there.

The electric switch is on but all lights are still showing and I've run the tap to get all air out of the pipes :cry: Serves me right for not doing this sooner to iron out any glitches.

4. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

Ok , I found this

Using the Gas Heating

Before switching on ensure that the system is full of water e.g. water flows from the hot taps and never use a batter charger as the only source of supply.

1. Ensure that the gas and 12 volt supply are on
    2. Turn on at the wall switch
    3. If a green light shows continuously then the heater is working satisfactorily.
    4. If the green and red lights show after approx 10 seconds slide the switch to the off position, wait 3 minutes and switch on again.
    5. If green and yellow lights show then the voltage to the control is too low. Recharge the battery.

To switch the heater off move the slide switch upwards.

Looks like you have a low voltage, make sure your charger is switched on and leave until tomorrow, then try again.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:3tp-SNPa9kQJ:www.birminghamuk.com/camper/heaterinstructions.doc+carver+cascade+2+manual&cd=4&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk

5. ninjayorkies

Battery was checked a few weeks ago and everything was ok. Looks like I'll have to get it checked out and keep boiling kettles :shout: