Free Member
Dec 18, 2010
east sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
a few years
We tend to put out bikes in the large garage when using the motorhome...but I have always struggled with carrying bikes on the back or top of the car.

We tried to carry on top of my Touran and felt it was a bit of a faff being a tall vehicle.......and have tried various racks on the back of the car....which always needed 6 or more straps to tie down.

Yesterday I bought the best 2 cycle carrier I have ever had.........the bad news is you need a tow ball.......the good news is it takes 10 seconds to put on and is rock solid without and straps......also has good security features and is the cheapest bike rack I have ever bought............its brilliant.

Bought mine from Halfords for £59.........even cheaper on Amazon ( though they don't pay their taxes :)

Not often I rave about a well designed product............

Thule Xpress 2-Bike

barry:Smile:

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
We have one of those - bit sceptical when we first bought it and would pull in every few miles to check it was still there as my 'engineering' mind thought 'how can you clamp onto a ball and not be swinging about?
Anyway, it works brilliant, no swing at all and we use it with two mountain bikes strapped on.

Regards,

Trikeman. :winky:

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
We've had a Thule rack for about 10yrs now-can't remember the model,but it can be tilted back 45deg to allow easy access to boot ::bigsmile:

Mike.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

163phil

Free Member
Dec 4, 2012
Kenilworth
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Still only a year after many years camping
Agreed - great product. :thumb:

It's a shame I didn't know anyone on here wanted one as I've just sold ours for £35, as the only vehicle we have now with a towbar is the MH, and that has a rack on it. :Doh:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back