Caravan

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by bailey, Aug 22, 2012.

1. bailey

bailey

Thinking in going back to the caravan reasons are when i did have a c/van i used it more often and also if yo go to a specific site a lot you can leave it there part season or full season as i have got a car that can pull most vans i do not need to purchase a car

Bill

2. chatter

chatter Read Only Funster

and why not, you have more flexibiliy, space, and only 1 lot of rfl/insurance to find, and unless you want to continually be on the move day after day or use 'wild parking spots' as often as you can it makes perfect sense. New caravans also have an onboard water tank these days as well might not be as big as some in motorhomes but its better than none.

3. DESCO

DESCO Read Only Funster

If it was not for liking to change sites at least every other day I would change back to a caravan.
    I know if we changed to stopping more than moving we would change without hesitation as you can have more room and with an awning it increases the space available.
    As we tugged for a large number of years, prior to motorhoming we know exactly what the life is like.

4. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

Go for it.

There's an amazing outbreak of common sense in here right now.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Johno

Johno Read Only Funster

I alternated between caravanning and motorhoming for many years but as I got older and after a couple of nervous breakdowns I found I was getting too stressed when tugging especially after a couple of unfortunate episodes in narrow Devon lanes so I now stick to MHing but I miss the benefits of caravans compared to MHs.

So I guess the van you chooose will be a .......Bailey ? :BigGrin:

John.

6. bailey

bailey

Nice one as you say there are pros and conns for both il wait to Sep when the new models come out and decide then

7. martin1485

martin1485 Funster

We changed back to a caravan a few months ago and have found that we once again have our freedom to explore in the car when we are parked up. It was very convenient at Malvern to just nip into town for some shopping for example. (Shirley will not use a bicycle which limited us to walking or public transport when we had the MH).
    The caravan is a quarter of the value and does not require road tax etc. To top it all, we are still welcomed on MHF and on the rallies:thumb:

Main downside will be the foreign trips when a camp site will be necessary for an overnight stop but that's outweighed for me by the advantages.

• Like Like x 3
  8. busby

busby Funster

Done both but find a motorhome keeps us fitter. We cycle and walk everywhere. Never move van once on site. We are fitter now as pensioners than when we worked. Mind you every one to their own.

• Like Like x 1
  9. motor roamin

motor roamin Funster

Like I have said many times....we all buy what works for us....so go for it and above all enjoy :thumb:

All the best Rick

• Like Like x 1
  10. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

Also back to tugging ..

as said, whatever suits you needs, no rights or wrongs..

• Like Like x 1
  11. DP_JAY

DP_JAY Funster Life Member

If it works for you then great. We changed to a camper 'cos - 1,we now hardly ever use sites. 2,we mainly use the van abroad. 3, we use aires a lot as we never stay in one place for more than a couple of days.
    If we mainly stayed on sites for a week or more we'd have a caravan again.

12. Bluemooner

Bluemooner Funster Life Member

We went from a Caravan to a Motorhome a couple of months ago the reason we never moved the car once on site and the longest i have stayed on a site is 3 days but everybody has different needs (i need pubs)
    Andy

• Like Like x 1