Caravan Club

Discussion in 'The Beginner' started by Ruth, Nov 1, 2014.

1. Ruth

Ruth Read Only Funster

Just wondered if it was worth joining the caravan club

2. TheBig1

TheBig1 Funster Life Member

joining the big clubs is a matter of choice. and whether you will use the network of sites and 5van cl's. a bonus with the c&cc is the access to ths holiday meets and of course discounted breakdown cover and insurance

3. Cal54

Cal54 Funster Life Member

I am a member of both of the big clubs purely because of the location of some of their sites. Also as a solo traveller they often work out cheaper than any commercial site. The C&CC club is my preferred option as they offer an age concession for part of the year. Recently I paid just £5.75 per night at the Windermere site (non elec).

• Like Like x 3
  4. Ruth

Ruth Read Only Funster

Thank you

• Like Like x 1
  5. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

We stay in the CC mainly in order to have access to the CL network. We don't use many and we hardly ever use main sites but it's useful to have the opportunity.

6. BreweryDave

BreweryDave Funster Life Member

My opinion - CC is sensible. Sensible prices, nice sites, sensible booking system, discounts on ferries etc. access to the CL's

CCC - don't even get me started !!! (Unless your a solo traveller) rip off merchants and crap booking system!
    The friendly club they ain't !!!

• Like Like x 6
  7. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

OK for CSs and Meets/THSs though. We've been members for nearly 3 years and used several of those but never even attempted to book a main site.

8. Brian and Jo

Brian and Jo Funster Life Member

we are members of the CC and use their sites regularly.we find them very good value.and never had a problem with them.(y)
    brian and jo

9. DavidG58

DavidG58 Funster

we are only members of the CCC because we saved more than the membership on our RAC discounted cover

it was also the only way we could get a decent price on full recovery from UK and Europe with a 8m 5t MH

hardly ever use their sites, but like others it gives us the option, we have friends in both and we meet up with them, that is our main use of the sites (y)

10. Kevinthecat

Kevinthecat Funster

We are members of both clubs but tend to use CC the most. I do prefer the CC out of the two, the CCC tend to think your brain dead when it comes to finding a pitch by yourself i.e. Your not allowed to!! Oh and don't get the chamois out at the CCC , you will be banned for life. :sneaky:

• Like Like x 2
  11. BreweryDave

BreweryDave Funster Life Member

Fair point re THS and CS - not sure about those big club meets though - I don't have a red fire bucket and don't salute the pennant at sunrise and sunset - also am under 70:p

• Like Like x 4
  12. Clive

Clive Funster Life Member

I'm a member of both. CC I find cheaper for ferries etc, also you have your savings on the M6 toll. Their sites are good, definitely better than C&CC in my opinion and their 5 van sites range is far greater. C&CC with their age concession as a solo traveller put them in the same price band as CC. Not as many 5 van sites but by using both you can normally find one where you need it. Temporary holiday sites (THS) are a major bonus these take place all round the country and give some nice cheap camping. Both clubs have local associations running weekend camping, I prefer C&CC because you don't have to book in the main.

13. scousebird

scousebird Funster

We're in both. We're on a lovely CS at the moment, £10 per night with EHU. We rally with both clubs as well, gets us out most weekends in summer months. Then we use club sites during the winter so we can use the van all year round :)

• Like Like x 2
  14. Chris

Chris Funster Life Member

I have gone right off the C&CC.

Their new pricing structure is bonkers.

Twice I have gone to book 2 nights at their Chertsey site only to pull out when I realised it would cost nearly £80 for the 3 of us.

I will probably keep my membership but won't be using many or even any of their main sites at those prices.

They are taking the p.

• Like Like x 5
  15. laser101uk

laser101uk Funster

I use C&CC basically for the temp holiday sites, weekend rallies and discounts on the tunnel. The value of the THS's and rallies is excellent. My Dad also uses the Arrivals through the club where as I use safeguard breakdown as part of my insurance. For me there is no purpose joining both C&CC and the CC

16. calion

calion

Yippee, I now qualify for the age concession. Having been in the wilderness years for what seems like an eternity (too old for club 18-30 but too young for saga!) Now I've had my card stamped and can take advantage of the lower rates.

When I hit 50, I said to my hubby, who is 6 years my junior, "great, now I qualify to go on a Saga holiday, but you can't come as you're too young" quick as a flash he replied "yes I can, I'll come as your carer" grrrr
    ;):):D:ROFLMAO:

• Like Like x 5
  17. sedge

sedge Funster

Don't knock being your wife's carer! It CAN be beneficial you know ...... I'm diabetic and thereby always qualified for a flu jab, immediately they came out I dunno - 20 or more years ago in my 40s - which we both staunchly believe in having - but Pete couldn't get one as he was too young.

Then one day when Pete asked why he couldn't have one, the Dr's receptionist who we've both known for years and years, winked and said to him 'innocently 'Are you her carer?' We looked at each other and both said 'Yes!'.

If anyone else asked that in other circumstances even now - I'd probably punch them for inferring I need one!

• Like Like x 2
  18. gillnphil

gillnphil Funster

I would recommend the caravan club. There sites are very good. I use the CLs ( certified locations) mainly.
    Phil

19. Ruth

Ruth Read Only Funster

I didnt realise you got discounts on stuff when your a member. Guess i'll be joining

20. Dogeared

Dogeared Funster

Just left the CC because felt they are overpriced and consider motorhomers as second class citizens, miss the CLs a bit. But don't like their overbearing attitude.