Caravan Club Certified locations

Discussion in 'UK Touring' started by Baggins, Jan 20, 2010.

1. Baggins

Baggins Read Only Funster

Haven't been a member of the C C for many years now.

Could any member on MF give me the average charge for certified locations now to weigh up if it's worth re-joining or sticking to basic camp-sites at less than a tenner a night?

BW

2. geoff1947

geoff1947 Read Only Funster

With EHU between £5-10.

3. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

never used 'em myself but looking at other posts it seems to vary between around a fiver to ten quid......some more, some less.

i've also read quite a few are now installing hookups.

4. Jim

Jim Ringleader

In my opinion the CL net work is the only reason to join the CC. They are great, many charge something between 5 and £12 some might charge a little more.

CC sites are all the same, seen one, you've seen them all, CL's are all different, some CL owners become friends, max of 5 vans, but often on your own. the CL network is brilliant. In all these years, I can't remember having to show a membership card at a CL.

5. Munchie

Munchie Funster Life Member

No facilities 4 to 5 quid
    Toilets n showers 5 to 8 quid
    EHU 8 to 10 quid
    Everything 10 to12 Quid
    :BigGrin:

All can be more in places lie the Lake District. :Angry:

6. dellwood33

dellwood33 Read Only Funster

We used them almost exclusively last year, all with EHU and the lowest was £9 and the highest was £12. :Smile: We enjoy them & haven't met a jobsworth at any of them yet.

7. Landy lover

Landy lover Funster

We only ever use CL's and CS's unless there is not one near where we want to go some these days have individual water taps, drainage and EHU - generally they are on farms or small holding prices we pay are between £7.00 and £10 very occasionally £12 when they are in high demand as they near prime areas - suprising how many sell eggs or bread home made jam - we found one in Kent that also had tame Wallabys !!! the lady of the house cooked home made pies and pasties for the local shops - would have been easy never to go off site - many of these are real gems and very friendly. Also if you are staying more than 7 days some will offer you a discount. There is a little CL we often stay on in Cornwall - in the middle of nowhere that has its own bar and restaraunt and do a fantastic steak and chips with trimmings a pint of beer with ice cream and coffee to follow all for £10 per head. Search for them and there are gems out there. I let too many know about one we used to go to and now have not been able to stay there for 18 months as they are always full !!:Eeek:

8. bazzer

bazzer Read Only Funster

CLs

Some of the best holidays we've enjoyed are on CLs, in a field, surrounded by nothing but nature, our own company, and the odd neighbour. Probably the closest you'll ever get to feeling truly away from it all, with a hook-up and just enough security for the entire family to feel safe.:Eeek:

And yes, they're great value compared to the main sites.

Stephen Neale

9. Sundowners

Sundowners Funster Life Member

Hi
    I Don't know if it's just us-------------but why would you pay a lot of money for a fully fitted out motorhome then pay a premium for a campsite with those same facilities ???
    Most of us can go for several days without makeing use of anything from a site, as I have said before all we need is the space, water, a dump point and an EHU is nice, we run very well on 10amp but would manage on less if need be, (or none at all in the Summer)
    We fully support CL and CS sites. We just prefer the smaller, less organised sites.
    Nigel & Pamala

10. dellwood33

dellwood33 Read Only Funster

Fully agree. Last year we used CLs to the exclusion of other full facility sites - apart from Warwick Racecourse site which we visited on a cheapo offer :Smile:

11. EzeeRider

EzeeRider Read Only Funster

The biggest problem with CLs and CSs is the lack of hard standings on many of them, otherwise I would agree with you.

ezee

12. Road Runner

Road Runner Read Only Funster

C & CC cs's seem to be more expensive than CC cl's. I belong to both clubs but feel CC is of more use to me.

I know quite a few with hard standing although the majority are just fields like both clubs if you pay just for pitch and electric.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2010