Can't copy and paste from internet (1 Viewer)

normanandsue

Free Member
Dec 31, 2010
Dunfermline - Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2007
Can anyone help please. Until this afternoon I could right click and copy google images and paste them into a Word document. Since then I cannot, the only unusual action I have done is download an update to YouTube Video down loader.
When I right click and copy a Google image and paste it into my Word doc all I get is the URL site address.
My wife's computer is not affected so obviously the fault lies with my computer alone. I am going nuts as I use the internet for loads of reference that I copy and paste into my docs. I have tried Googling "I cant copy and paste pictures" and have found nothing. :shout:
Please can someone help.

OP
OP
normanandsue

normanandsue

Free Member
Dec 31, 2010
Dunfermline - Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2007
...........do a system restore to before the utube update and see if it works again

Too late I feel Roger in frustration I switched off computer and turned it back on again.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
...........do a system restore to before the utube update and see if it works again

Too late I feel Roger in frustration I switched off computer and turned it back on again.

Did it work after you turned it back on?:Eeek:

If not you can still do a system restore from "accessories", "system tools" and just use a date prior to the update to youtube...

It won't do any harm and might solve it....:thumb:

OP
OP
normanandsue

normanandsue

Free Member
Dec 31, 2010
Dunfermline - Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2007
Did it work after you turned it back on?:Eeek:................. Sadly no it didn't

If not you can still do a system restore from "accessories", "system tools" and just use a date prior to the update to youtube...

It won't do any harm and might solve it....:thumb:

Thanks for the suggestion I did as you suggested but sadly it has not worked. :shout:

I am open to any other suggestions.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Buy an Apple?

OP
OP
normanandsue

normanandsue

Free Member
Dec 31, 2010
Dunfermline - Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2007
Thanks Jim I checked Scripting on my browser Java and Java script is enabled.

Still hasn't solved the problem of pasting to word doc. but I can copy and paste to this reply (see below)
redshield05.gif

Many thanks

G4GMO

Free Member
Sep 6, 2007
Herefordshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
You could try downloading Ccleaner and running that. This will remove cookies and temporary files and caches and possibly empty your deleted files (unclick if you don't want it to) but provided you use it in default mode it won't do any harm.

Be prepared to enter any login id and passwords again for any websites that you wanted it to remember.

Failing that you could download Comodo System cleaner and run the registry cleaner which may help. Shouldn't do any harm as long as you let it make a backup and set a restore point (it will ask you if you want it to).

Link Removed

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
Norman,

I have just tried it myself, and if you just try and paste into word it does not work. You have to use "paste special" and select "paste as device independent bitmap image".

To find the paste special commend click on the little down arrow below the paset icon on the word toolbar.

Hope this solves theproblem.

John

OP
OP
normanandsue

normanandsue

Free Member
Dec 31, 2010
Dunfermline - Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2007
Norman,

I have just tried it myself, and if you just try and paste into word it does not work. You have to use "paste special" and select "paste as device independent bitmap image".

To find the paste special commend click on the little down arrow below the paset icon on the word toolbar.

Hope this solves theproblem.

John

Have just tried it and it works fine, but I have one question: why did it work before using the paste button and without having to use "paste special" and "device independant bitmap"

Thanks John

G4GMO

Free Member
Sep 6, 2007
Herefordshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
Copy paste

I've tried it, using firefox and openoffice (under Linux but the same should apply for windows) and it just works. I assume you are using IE and MS office/word but from what I can remember when I used to use them it always just worked.

It does sound like some setting has changed due to an update be it utube or windows which has maybe changed the way images are pasted. The reason why I suggested what i did in my earlier post. Bit of a sledge hammer to crack a nut but it might (or might not) fix it.

I'm clutching at straws here sorry.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back