Can You Recommend A Rooflight Please. (1 Viewer)

tonywolst

Free Member
Jul 22, 2011
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I have Chausson Flash 03, I fitted an aircon unit to the rooflight and I'm beginning to miss the light a little, It looks straight forward but I want a larger than 400x400, Any recommendation or help?
I looked at some but the website says that there will be wind noise so I need a motorhome specific one,

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
It might be worth contacting the manufacturer for a drawing of the roof beam locations before getting too carried away.
It is easily possible to substantially weaken the roof with a badly-sited rooflight.
Sorry to sound negative, but cutting in a new rooflight, if done badly, could cause you more problems than you solve.
I'm not saying it can't be done, but bear in mind the financial cost of remedial work and depreciation if it all goes wrong!

To answer your question, though, we have Remis skylight in our Welcome and it cranks up with a winder handle. It is well sealed and doesn't rattle at all on the road. We would recommend on of those to anybody!::bigsmile:

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
It might be worth contacting the manufacturer for a drawing of the [HI]roof beam locations[/HI] before getting too carried away.
It is easily possible to substantially weaken the roof with a badly-sited rooflight.
Sorry to sound negative, but cutting in a new rooflight, if done badly, [HI]could cause you more problems than you solve.[/HI]I'm not saying it can't be done, but bear in mind the financial cost of remedial work and depreciation if it all goes wrong!

To answer your question, though, we have Remis skylight in our Welcome and it cranks up with a winder handle. It is well sealed and doesn't rattle at all on the road. We would recommend on of those to anybody!::bigsmile:

i would add that i have in the past put in Heki roof lights which is fairly easy.. But... and its a BIG BUT! roof beams need to be sited and strengtheners may be needed around the new light. also, if the roof is alloy it will be paper thin so watch how you cut you can tear it with ease... seen it done by a mate.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back