can you help please?

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Trekking4two, Mar 29, 2012.

1. Trekking4two

Trekking4two Read Only Funster

Hi there, I've recently purchased a US built Safari Trek, with those hard to find 19.5" wheels.
    I'm urgently looking for a220-70R-19.5" wheel (with or without a tyre) as a spare. I've tried a few of the US RV suppliers without success to date-
    I knew they were not all that common, but this is becoming very difficult now. Heading to France in early May, and don't want to be caught without a spare.
    I'm told there is a "tyre guy" every 50 miles or so in the US.....so no spare was supplied from new.
    France I suspect may be trickier.....

I'm uncertain if the US wheel centre profile is the same as the UK-Europe style/size, and would consider the less rare 245-70-19.5 and see how that goes as a last resort (will be a vast improvement over "no spare")

Any help-leads appreciated.

2. simsy56

simsy56 Funster

Hi there,
    if you go on to the RVOC site, and ask for Brian Evans, a member there, he will help i am sure. He runs a tyre company, and has supplied many American RV owners.

Craig

3. chatter

chatter Read Only Funster

Seconded, Brian will with out doubt be able to help
    http://www.rvoc.co.uk/

Just incase you dont know rvoc is a sister site to fun where most of the members with amercan units can talk techy stuff as well as general banter

Hi and welcome to fun - oops - just noticed that you are in Austrailia till May when you come to europe.