Can you get aftermarket flyscreen for door. (1 Viewer)

errpaul

Free Member
Feb 27, 2009
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
11 yrs
We have recently bought our 1st MH and went for one which doesn't have a flyscreen on the habitation door.
Is it possible to get an aftermarket one like the factory fit ones, which locks in place. I have seen the ones which hang down and overlap, but not sure how good these will actually be.

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
We have recently bought our 1st MH and went for one which doesn't have a flyscreen on the habitation door.
Is it possible to get an aftermarket one like the factory fit ones, which locks in place. I have seen the ones which hang down and overlap, but not sure how good these will actually be.

I dont think you are going to get a factory fit one at a reasonable price.

The Fiamma ones are reasonable in price and do the job at £21.
Each panel is 230cm high and 35cm wide. The bottom of each panel is reinforced to prevent flapping and wrinkles occurring. Easily installed by sliding into the wall track provided. Height is adjustable
Link Removed

Caggsie

Free Member
Feb 15, 2009
N Wales
Funster No
Exp
2 yrs
Hiya,

We bought one of these type of net thingies last year as we were waiting for one to be fitted on our van - anyway a year later it finally got fitted!!!!!!! We got ours from either Aldi or Lidl for a few squid, 3 or 4 I think. They came in one size sort of fits all and had to cut down. it was marketed for domestic doors. I found it a pain to store out of the way when not needed- luckily we have a open shelf to the left of the door where it eventually got put but was still attached to top of door. It sort of did its job in Scotland last year in July but I was constantly sorting out the weights at the bottom to prevent any gaps when someone came through the door.

regards

Karen

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Johno

Free Member
Oct 29, 2008
Kent
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
30+ with caravanning & camping
Hi Errpaul
Have you had a look at the O'Leary Motorhomes website they have a wide range of bits and pieces for MHs including door screens, I use the chenille "cats tail" type which they also sell and are fairly effective and easy to fit just hanging on a large cup hooks or something similar. I have used O'Learys on several occaisions and have always been satisfied with their prompt service.

John.

davetthedon

Free Member
Mar 25, 2009
Malvern, Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
GreatBig Bugger
Exp
Flyscreen material

Hi All
As an aside, we have a built in flyscreen on our autotrail chieftain, the only trouble is its ripped on the edges where the kids have prodded and pushed it closed by using the netting. Does anyone know where to get this material from, its a plastic mesh.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back