Can I run external speakers off Avtex TV (1 Viewer)

Dec 25, 2016
Cantley, Norwich
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Relative Newbie, although tugged for 20 years
We have a 2016 Autotrail Delaware with a drop down Avtex tv. Would like to extend the sound further into the van.

I have a Bluetooth Kitsound Hive2 speaker, obviously no Bluetooth on Avtex, but the Hive2 does have a 3.5mm audio cable. But I cannot see any aux socket, only a red, white Audio In and either a usb or possibly hdmi outlet.

Is there anyway I can use any of these outlets via some sort of adapter or is there an Aux, which I cannot see.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
If its an older avtex there is s facility to broadcast on a wavelength you can set your radio to.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Our Avtex has the option of setting a FM frequency to transmit to your radio, so just find an unused radio frequency and then set the TV to match that, assuming your radio goes into the tab area of the van of course.

Martin

Deneb

Free Member
Oct 20, 2015
Europe
Funster No
MH
PVC
There should be a 3.5mm headphone jack socket on the left side of the TV. I would imagine that should work with a BT speaker. Ours uses the headphone socket through a separate amp to power a couple of roof mounted speakers, but you may not need to amplify the signal for a BT speaker.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
We have a 2016 Autotrail Delaware with a drop down Avtex tv. Would like to extend the sound further into the van.

I have a Bluetooth Kitsound Hive2 speaker, obviously no Bluetooth on Avtex, but the Hive2 does have a 3.5mm audio cable. But I cannot see any aux socket, only a red, white Audio In and either a usb or possibly hdmi outlet.

Is there anyway I can use any of these outlets via some sort of adapter or is there an Aux, which I cannot see.

Thanks in advance
Just had a look at the info, the aux in socket is on the left hand side on the back you just need a 3.5 to 3.5 mm stereo jack lead and plug into you headphone out on the TV.

upload_2017-12-1_11-6-51.png

I would have thought a better solution would be to wire the headphone output of the TV into the one of the Aux inputs on your head unit. I've done that on all my vans as you then get decent quality sound through all the van's speakers.

A word of warning for those going the FM transmitter route, don't bother if you go to France. France has so many FM stations that will interfear with it that you will be constantly retuning it.

motorhomer

Free Member
May 17, 2008
South Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2005 (but 30 years caravanning)
I have a separate FM transmitter that I bought from Halfords. Its better than the Avtex built in one as it searches for unused frequencies automatically, so retuning in france, for example, is automatic. I did this because my van radio has no aux in, and whilst it has USB in and Bluetooth, both of these are powered through the vans ignition so are useless in a motorhome. It can be used to plug into an MP3 player to mp[lay through the van radio or into the TV.

Jan 22, 2013
London SE
Funster No
MH
A class Adria vision I707
Exp
since 1971
i have run an 3.5 lead around to the AUX socket on the main radio and get superb surround sound when we need a bit more volume,
my Avtex is about 4 years old so shouldn't be a problem on yours,

Nov 1, 2015
Norwich
Funster No
MH
RAPIDO 686F
Exp

Thanks in advance
Hi Doodledebs,
Just thought I’d let you know I’ve just bought Avden Bluetooth bit of kit refereed to by Linda & Steph ( thanks ) and it works great with my Kitson Hive 2. I just wanted flexibility to have the speaker where I wanted.Hope this helps.
Ray

OP
OP
Doodledebs
Dec 25, 2016
Cantley, Norwich
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Relative Newbie, although tugged for 20 years
Thanks all for your responses, I have found the audio output which was covered by the casing, plugged it in and it worked, so at least I have better sound, now I will look at either the Andven Bluetooth or hard wiring to the Aux outlet of the head unit as suggested.

H

Hagstrom

Deleted User
Just seen Motorhome's contribution above and would like to do something similar. Presently running an audio cable out of the back of the Samsung TV in the van and plugging it into the Auxiliary In socket on the front of the van's radio but Mrs Hagstrom hates seeing WIRES.

Currently in Murcia so a visit to Halford's is out but could find something on the InterWeb if I knew the generic term to Google? (LennyHB may know?)

H

Hagstrom

Deleted User
Thanks, Motorhomer!

JON8H

Free Member
Apr 12, 2021
Broadstairs, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Hi If the Avtex TV can connect to a Avtex Bluetooth sound bar why am I struggling to work out how to pair the Avtex L219DRS - PRO to a Bose Home Speaker 500 which I know has Bluetooth? Looking through the Avtex Manual just cant find anything on Bluetooth.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Hi If the Avtex TV can connect to a Avtex Bluetooth sound bar why am I struggling to work out how to pair the Avtex L219DRS - PRO to a Bose Home Speaker 500 which I know has Bluetooth? Looking through the Avtex Manual just cant find anything on Bluetooth.
Our soundabar is HDMI ARC and no bluetooth on the Avtex TV.

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Esprit I7150 EB
Exp
Since 2016
I don't think the soundbar connects via BT, outs is connected via the ARC output on the TV with an HDMI cable, the soundbar has BT that you can connect to to play music through.

JON8H

Free Member
Apr 12, 2021
Broadstairs, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Our soundabar is HDMI ARC and no bluetooth on the Avtex TV.
Thanks, this now makes sense. I read the literature on the Soundbar which said Bluetooth, so presumed it must connect through Bluetooth. Seems a bit strange that such an expensive TV does not have Bluetooth when even electric toothbrushes have it!

Remieu

Free Member
Sep 14, 2023
Sandwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Imala
Exp
Thanks all for your responses, I have found the audio output which was covered by the casing, plugged it in and it worked, so at least I have better sound, now I will look at either the Andven Bluetooth or hard wiring to the Aux outlet of the head unit as suggested.
Hi ive just read your post. We are trying to connect an auxilliary cable to the aux output. Did you manage to lift/remove the casing? as i cannot see how to do it. Thank you

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
There's a new avtex sound bar just been released in the USA, not available over here yet but if anyone is looking to improve the sound quality and can wait, it might be worthwhile?

Sep 22, 2023
Funster No
MH
just looking
There's a new avtex sound bar just been released in the USA, not available over here yet but if anyone is looking to improve the sound quality and can wait, it might be worthwhile?
Hi MrB can you check posts in DIYsolar

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
Hi MrB can you check posts in DIYsolar
FatJuan

i can if you send me a link to the thread, there are a few threads on solar and i cant see which one you're referring to?

or you can PM me??

Sep 22, 2023
Funster No
MH
just looking
FatJuan

i can if you send me a link to the thread, there are a few threads on solar and i cant see which one you're referring to?

or you can PM me??
I cannot see how to contact you
threads/uk-sale-sofar-me-3000-sp-inverter-

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back