Can I park my motorhome close to Premier Inn, Tiverton? (1 Viewer)

MaidinDevon

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 23, 2011
Bromyard, Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B654
Exp
since 2010
Hi all

I have to go to work in Tiverton, all next week. I am working on the Business Park, and am confident I can find a space for the van there. However, i have booked in to the Premier Innfor 4 nights, which does not have dedicated parking. I won't need to sleep in the van, obviously, but she is a 7m A class Hymer, so i need a decent sized space,

I had intended to take the car, but a friend is staying at the Crown Inn Catcott, tomorrow night, and it would be nice to break the journey and join her for the night.

It will be my last week, planning on taking a long break from work, and heading south for some sunshine after Christmas. So i am very excited about that, and keen to get over the line, as it were.

Heres hoping someone will know.

Thanks, Karen

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Just be aware and check the small print on your insurance.
A lot dont cover if you are away from the vehicle after a certain time, like 36/48 hours and it's not parked at the place you say its normaly kept like at ahome or a storage area. Just a heads up (y)

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Maybe worth checking parking websites/apps such as JustPark & YourParkingSpace ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Holly's mum

Funster
Jan 29, 2017
nr Huntingdon, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
Would it be easier to take the car and stay local to the Crown Inn, Catcott. There is a small B&B 0.5 miles away from the pub, West Barton House, it's £45 a night for B&B for single occupancy. Not sure if they've got availability though. Link here

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
There is an M&S foodhall right next to the premier inn but whether it has height barriers I cannot remember?
If you come in from the Tivvy Castle/rugby club side to the centre of town there is parking in the Pannier market car park with no barriers & an easy 500m walk down to the premier inn,Whether overnight is ok I've no idea?

You'll have no problems on the Business park & me personally I'd leave the van there & walk the 1500m to the Premier inn or get a cab ?

Nov 1, 2023
Funster No
MH
Adria
You could park there in 2018 but it may have altered since We took a room there for 2 nights in order to empty the MH for a habitation check
Due to the size of the MH they asked that we park in the line nearest the hotel but right in the top corner - furthest away from the restaurant

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
Just be aware and check the small print on your insurance.
A lot dont cover if you are away from the vehicle after a certain time, like 36/48 hours and it's not parked at the place you say its normaly kept like at ahome or a storage area. Just a heads up (y)
Never heard of that condition, which companies have that , do you know please?

Nov 1, 2023
Funster No
MH
Adria
You could park there in 2018 but it may have altered since We took a room there for 2 nights in order to empty the MH for a habitation check
Due to the size of the MH they asked that we park in the line nearest the hotel but right in the top corner - furthest away from the restaurant
Ignore that. Elderly moment, sorry.

We used the Travelodge, Tiverton which is out by Sampford Peverell close to Tiverton Parkway station

Dec 31, 2021
Funster No
MH
Adria matrix supreme
Between 10pm and 6 am if not occupied it has to be parked on the drive otherwise it's not covered for theft, adrian flux insurance on a a class

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
I struggled in tiverton to park my little van so you struggle. I ended up moving on. There's a lovely stop by the canal was going to take a chance until I was approached
Think it's for nocturnal doggy activities

Feb 15, 2014
cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
Bessacar E450
Exp
3 years
we parked overnight on the industrial estate, but it seemed to be the high speed test track for the local boy racers so very noisy till after midnight, we were on they main road down from mcdonalds probably should have used a side road

May 7, 2017
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
2017 Chausson 718XLB 180
Exp
20 years
As I had booked the Premier Inn at the NEC. As the new Motorhome had not arrived, I then had a booking,and motorhome arrived ,so, I phoned Premier Inn at NEC and you can park their with Motorhome, it cost me the usual £10 to park.
Give them a call

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
As I had booked the Premier Inn at the NEC. As the new Motorhome had not arrived, I then had a booking,and motorhome arrived ,so, I phoned Premier Inn at NEC and you can park their with Motorhome, it cost me the usual £10 to park.
Give them a call
Long way from Tiverton though :rofl:

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
I was interested in this just in case I was affected and for future reference. I
am insured with LV motorhome insurance and I have very carefully read through the terms and conditions of the policy. There is no mention of the vehicle not being insured if left overnight unattended or unoccupied other than at its usual place, i.e. my home address.

Apr 19, 2019
Funster No
MH
Carado T339
Exp
5 years
I was interested in this just in case I was affected and for future reference. I
am insured with LV motorhome insurance and I have very carefully read through the terms and conditions of the policy. There is no mention of the vehicle not being insured if left overnight unattended or unoccupied other than at its usual place, i.e. my home address.
There must be some limitation otherwise you could say it was kept at your home address but never keep it at your home address.

I was always if the understanding that when we are away in the MH we have to be living in it. I double check my policy too.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back