Campsite near Fox and Goose Chesterfield

Discussion in 'UK Touring' started by SC 05 OUT, May 7, 2014.

1. SC 05 OUT

SC 05 OUT Funster

Has anybody used the Moorhay Farm Caravan and Camping Park Old Brampton, Derbyshire, S42 7JJ. (01246 566182,)

it’s supposed to be very near or next the Fox and Goose Wedding venue on Pudding Pie Hill.

Were attending a wedding there this August and it would make a perfect overnight stop but the phone is never answered ? So I’m not sure if it’s still trading or was/is open?

I did ring the F&G and ask if they knew and explained we would be halfway through a mh holiday on the wedding date and dropped the hint we could park in a quite corner of their car park but it went over there heads:Sad: and I was referred to a hotel down the road:Doh:.

There are a couple of cls nearby but a bit to far to walk home after celebrating,

So does anybody know about Moorhay farm?

2. lynnian

lynnian Read Only Funster

Hi
    I live not to far from there will try and call in on way home this evening and see tried the phone and as you say no reply. My son works at the pub as a suss chef so will try him as well. will let you know as soon as i can.
    Ian

• Like Like x 1
  3. SC 05 OUT

SC 05 OUT Funster

thats great thanks,:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

4. Wildge

Wildge Funster

Old Brampton

:thumb: Priestfield Grange farm is in Old Brampton.... (01246566159) also

Middle Farm Wadshelf ...01246568304 if still operating ??

Offley place 01246566645 bit further away but downhill if you're rolling back :Rofl1::Rofl1:

Last edited: May 7, 2014
  5. SomeoneElse

SomeoneElse Funster

Google 53.246656,-1.535298
    Its 10, 20 or so walk from the pub depending on the height of the heels.

6. SC 05 OUT

SC 05 OUT Funster

done this and can place it on a map but what is it? is this Morrhay?

edit: just done it on google earth and it looks the pits? is it? its also futher away than the two cl's

thanks for trying

Last edited: May 7, 2014
  7. lynnian

lynnian Read Only Funster

Had a drive down there but couldn't see any sign of the camp site. I should try the pub again and be a bit less subtle this time they may be ok as I know they let walkers park there cars while they go for a walk and of course they are thirsty after, that's my kind of walking:thumb:.
    Ian

• Like Like x 1
  8. campie

campie

hi ,live in chesterfield so l popped up to see Moorhay Camping Park....Well all l will say is it must have been a typing error...... l thought l'd visited a gypsy site,l don't want to say anything else,but needed to check my car for damage after visiting due to all rubbish burried in and around the road side and the rubbish, old rotting caravans in what l assume must be the caravan "park" storage area and a chap who must be the "security man\warden"who appears to be living in the mobile home on site.(but l could be wrong as even that looks like it should be abandoned) . There was a container that had a door on which l think was a toilet area.there were several derlick cottages,so that might be the reason why you arenot having any joy on the phone. It does look like it is either neglected or they are no longer trading. (for some time looking at the state of everywhere)The only part of the "park" that looked clean was a fenced area that had some children riding around with horses in it.Would not use if free. hope this helps, l've tried to be kind !!!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Debs

Debs Funster

Hi, I'm sure Phil @SC 05 OUT would be grateful....but this thread is from 2014........:)
    It's easily done....the search facility on here is a bit too good sometimes (y)

• Like Like x 1
  10. campie

campie

campie roport visited 20/07/2016.

11. adt

adt Funster

I don't know the area - but we just asked the direct question to the wedding venue our son is getting married at in December.
    I was about to ring but our daughter-in-law to be, beat us to it - she just asked as they've booked the whole hotel for the wedding, is it OK if we stayed in our MH in the car park because we'll be with our dogs.

The answer came back - sorry we have no electric or water supplies but yes they can.

I'd just ask the direct question, especially if the guests are staying there, they can only say no.