Free Member
Jan 2, 2009
Cheddar Somerset
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
nine years
:Smile:Hi, has anyone stayed at Camping Alegria at Benicarlo? We were just wondering what it was like as they have a special offer discount for three month stays. Thought of going there in November if its ok. Is there any shops nearby?

Myfanwy:thumb:

Deleted User
I have personally not stopped at Alegria but inspected the site last year for friends who eventually stayed for 3 months in an RV. The site is run by an English family and has limited space for tourers and quite a few mobile homes with a bar/restaurant on site, I think their web site has pictures. It is close to a shingle beach and Benicarlo is aprox half a mile, walkable and cyclable, a typical Spanish town. Peniscola is about 5 miles away and is much more touristy and can be reached by cycle or bus which can also be used to get to Vinaros in the other direction.
We stop at Ribamar in Alcossebre but if this was unavailable we would definitely stay at Alegria but this is my view and everybody has different values.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Myfanwy

Myfanwy

Free Member
Jan 2, 2009
Cheddar Somerset
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
nine years
campsite in Spain for the winter

:winky::winky: okay then Welshbois,

I didn't mean shops as in female shopping - I meant food !!!

My name is Myfanwy in case you hadn't noticed so if you are really Welsh you should know that I wouldn't be spending money on frivolous things. :roflmto:

Thanks for the reply anyway.

Apr 29, 2009
West Yorkshire...Halifax
Funster No
MH
Vanless....BUT....!!!!
Exp
Since 2007
If you can't get in at Benicarlo try Peniscola and Camping El EDEN in particular..they have a website and offer good % discounts for longer stays..reasonably cheap Wi-Fi 25euros (ish) a month it's just 2 minutes walk to the sea..10 minutes walk on the flat into the town..we did 8/9 weeks there a couple of years ago and we enjoyed it...and we got a 40% discount!!!

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
are there any shops nearby? lol::bigsmile:

I wish my dear bride would ask that question, no matter where we go, near or far, she insists on filling the fridge and a big brown box with basics like milk eggs, bread, bacon etc. before we go. I tell her they do have shops in other parts of the world you know, ducks back and water come to mind!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back