Camping munich obermenzing

Discussion in 'Continental Touring' started by estcres, Jan 12, 2010.

1. estcres

estcres Read Only Funster

Has anyone got any experience of this site.

We are looking at a 2 night stopover on our way South in July.

Was hoping to stay at Innsbruck but they require a 5 night stay during High Season which does not fit in with our plans.

2. tommytli

tommytli Funster

3. SteveandSue

SteveandSue Funster

Innsbruck

Sorry can,t help with this site, but we have just returned from Austria on Monday and stayed on a stellplatz in Hall near Innsbruck they also have a full campsite that is open in the summer. Another site I would reccomend is Camping Hell in the Zittertall valley which is only a short drive from Innsbruck. Hope you have a good trip.- sue

4. ArenqueRojo

ArenqueRojo Read Only Funster

There is an ACSI site at Weer called Mark which is about 12 miles East of Innsbruck but if you are going down the A8, I can thoroughly recommend the site at Chiemsee on thlake edge called Camping Harras-Prien but it deserves two or three days:Wink:
    Patrick

5. paulharrison

paulharrison Read Only Funster

I stayed at a campstie near a garden centre it may have been that one the pitches are big plenty of room for RVs but the electric is on a coin meter and it eats money Paul

6. Phil

Phil Read Only Funster

Obermenzing is very close to the motorway and there are lots of trees on the site. We went there once and after coming off the motorway we found the road closed and poor Milly got in such a state keep trying to get us back onto the 'correct' road. When we eventually found it we decided not to stay, too many trees for our liking so we changed to Plan B and went to the site at Thalkirchen which is very nicely situated. Close to the bus stop for trips into the city. Pitches are a bit on the small side is my only criticism.

It lies on the banks of the Isar, and quite interesting activities seem to take place frequently on the river. Including, believe it or not, surfboarding. :Eeek:

Phil.