Camping & Caravan Club

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Chris, Jul 17, 2014.

1. Chris

Chris Funster Life Member

Last night I looked into booking a couple of nights next week at the Chertsey site.

2 nights, 2 adults, 2 children.

The cost :

Fully serviced pitch with EHU - £78

Basic pitch with EHU - £74

That is bonkers IMO - nearly £40 a night..

I can't see me renewing my membership later this year.

2. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

We've never used a C&CC main site but the membership fee is worth it for the meets and (especially) the THSs. We haven't used any THSs on our current trip so far but will probably use 2 or 3 on the way home from the Cotswolds - much cheaper than sites and no need to book.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Barclaybasher

Barclaybasher Funster

Premier Inn Sunbury £55 per room.....................:doh:

• Like Like x 1
  4. DavidG58

DavidG58 Funster

They are not keen on BBQ's in rooms though :D

• Like Like x 6
  5. joner8888

joner8888 Read Only Funster

It`s always pricey down here in the south west this time of year.

Some of the big (entertainment) sites sometimes do a deal 15 per night ,but they know you will be spending ££`s in their club / pub / cafe / take away.

I always call before i set off to a area ,to see if there are any spots and how much, using their online booking forms often say 3 nights minimum , but if you call ,they usually say just turn up and stay as many nights as you like.

6. Don Quixote

Don Quixote Funster

That is madness.................. for another 10 quid ish you could be on the euro tunnel and then spend as long as you like in the free aire's in France or add a quid or so for EHU. No wonder so many MH's owners go to France and beyond. If they set the cost right how many more would use their MH at weekends......... Here in Spain I can get EHU, water, nice pitch, security, washing and shower area and all for 8 quid / 10 euros a night.............. or in Portugal the same for 4 quid / 6.5 euros............ Enough said.

• Like Like x 4
  7. joner8888

No, they don`t mind as long as you ask for a smoking room (y)

• Like Like x 2
  8. ukbill

ukbill Funster

and the english tourist board moans people should spend time in this country not abroad GET YA BLOODY PRICES DOWN AND MAYBE WE WOULD

• Like Like x 3
  9. timdownieuk

timdownieuk Funster

Supply and demand. They couldn't charge that much if people weren't prepared to pay it.

Tim

10. bobandjanie

bobandjanie Funster Life Member

There is a nice holiday site at Morton in the Marsh Graham, has a market on a Tuesday and only 5 minutes walk into town. (y)
    The club sites are expensive, but if your on your own I think they work out cheaper.
    The CS sites and DA meets are good value, but the time we are here, and the amount of sites we use we may not renew next year. :unsure:

:LOL: The Caravan Club we joined again at Shepton show last year after many years away, very good value. :wink: we paid £44 and got 2 nights FREE, used them at York 10 minutes walk into the city and would have cost £46.70 ............................so they gave us £2.70 to join.:rofl: Bargain !!!!!!
    When we come back next year we will be doing all again. :rofl:
    I prefer their web site and book, they have more CLs and also have sites without toilets but with electric for £12 a night, stayed on a few club sites and found the wardens very helpful.:wink::BigGrin: Bob.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Debs

Debs Funster

Morning I was chatting to one of the staff on the c&cc stand at Stafford as for us on the club sites we feel it's too expensive.

The flexible pricing seems to have made it worse this year, she didn't think they'd carry on with it next year.

We mainly use the cs's but that might not suit with the kids if you want things to do. Commercial sites often worked out better value for us in school holidays.

12. joner8888

Motorhomes ,caravning ,camping is a fast growing form of holidays here now , the roads are full of them:eek:

After years of cheap ,stress free foreign travel is now over ,lots are turning to campsites for entertainment.
    The U/K is so overcrowded that`s why it`s expensive----- go to France ect and`it`s spread out and they tempt in less people with better prices.

13. Welsh girl

Welsh girl Funster Life Member

Cc&c club seem to be out pricing themselves. We just joined again but only for the THS and the cs's.
    we won't be using their club sites any time soon.

14. DuxDeluxe

DuxDeluxe Funster Life Member

We use the C&CC for the CS network, mainly as we don't have kids to worry about (well Dawn does worry about them (28 and 25) but that is being a clucky mother). Some of the big campsites fees at high season are really pricey but as said above it is a case of supply and demand. The new fee structure is not the best in the world and appears to be universally unpopular so may change at some time.The more members that make constructive complaints about the fees and structure to them, the more likely they are to change it (y)

• Like Like x 2
  15. Pat4Neil

Pat4Neil Read Only Funster

16. Chris

Chris Funster Life Member

I agree, although there seemed to be a fair number of pitches available..

School holidays, near London - you would expect it to be full.

17. Puddleduck

Puddleduck Funster

With the club sites you know the standard you are going to get. We've stayed on a few club sites (using special offers) and also a couple of CS sites which we loved. Of the sites we have stayed on which were neither club sites nor CS sites one was amazingly good, one we felt very unsafe and the other was just about okay.

With the inspection of the CS sites at least you know they are of at least a certain standard.

I agree that in the main season club sites are expensive.

• Like Like x 1
  18. kcy

kcy Funster

Never use the MH in britian, cheaper to stay in travel lodge/premire inn. But as we've just discovered Britstop things might change!!

• Like Like x 1
  19. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

Over the summer they are largely full, they are setting the right price for a commercial enterprise.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Andy

Andy Funster

Just joined Britstop, web site looked good, so looking forward to getting book of details.:)