Camper Stop Europe or Bord Atlas (1 Viewer)

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Esprit I7150 EB
Exp
Since 2016
We are starting to plan our trip to Croatia next July and need a book of Aires/Stellplatz for the journey (probably Holland, Germany, Austria, Slovenia).

We only got the MH this year so have never been on an Aire before. Both the above books seem to have details for many countries so seem a good deal rather then just for one country. I know Bord Atlas is in German but easily understandable with the pictures so jsut wanting to know if anyone has a preference or experience of these.

We also have Archies and a couple of other Apps to revert to as well.

Also any tips on a good European Map to cover the above countries?

Feb 5, 2014
mid-Norfolk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2006
I'm very happy with the CamperContact app, which costs approx £5.30 (from memory) for a year's subscription. This can then be used offline (download the maps before you travel!), is regularly updated (you need internet, obviously) and can even translate foreign comments IF you have internet access. Without it I rely on the points score (/10) and my very limited appreciation of French, German, Italian, Spanish etc (that sounds impressive but it isn't :LOL: ).

It will also link to any navigation software which you are using (I have TomTomApp) BUT it doesn't always find the spot it is referring to :( . I have also imported all of their POIs onto my laptop which contains Autoroute 2010, which I use for my "basic" planning, even though the roads are a little out of date.

Are you having a trial run? Harwich to HofH would give you access to some lovely Dutch/Belgian aires.

Enjoy - Gordon

OP
OP
MichaelT

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2016
We are going that route in July. did think about a trial run in the spring but will have to see what time we have.

Thanks for the input.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

The Nomad

Free Member
Aug 24, 2016
Wandering in Europe
Funster No
MH
Overcab
Exp
Many years
We do those areas of Europe regularly and have done for quite a few years now; and having experimented with several of the "usual suspects" publications, we now only ever buy/use Camperstop Europe - which we find fantastic for essentially all of mainland Europe.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
There are few aires in Croatia and wild camping is illegal
However there are lots of campsites and small camperstops which don't appear in Campercontact
In July and August Croatia is full of Germans and Italians and campsite prices are high.

OP
OP
MichaelT

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2016
There are few aires in Croatia and wild camping is illegal
However there are lots of campsites and small camperstops which don't appear in Campercontact
In July and August Croatia is full of Germans and Italians and campsite prices are high.
We plan to use camp sites in Croatia itself and maybe other countries if near the motorway . we want a summer holiday so prepared to pay the premium and we are not averse to a bit of bratwurst or spaghetti !

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
We plan to use camp sites in Croatia itself and maybe other countries if near the motorway . we want a summer holiday so prepared to pay the premium and we are not averse to a bit of bratwurst or spaghetti !
In that case I'd strongly suggest booking before you get there as the best places are very popular.
Enjoy your trip!

OP
OP
MichaelT

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2016
In that case I'd strongly suggest booking before you get there as the best places are very popular.
Enjoy your trip!
OK thanks will look into it, don't want to be on a strict timetable but will defo plan a rough itinerary .

Eamless

Free Member
Nov 29, 2013
London
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
you might to take a look at meinWomo. It is available either on-line or off-line (PC and Android). It has far more sites and places to stay than camper contact. You will also find in East Europe you can stay in peoples gardens for a few euro's, just knock on the door and ask. most will say yes and they will let you use showers, toilets etc. You also get to meet the people this way

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back