camp sites near Eden Project?

Discussion in 'UK Touring' started by Paula, Jul 9, 2010.

1. Paula

Paula Read Only Funster

Hello

I have done a few searches for camp sites near Eden project. Need a bit of input if anyone has stayed near there.

Friends coming to visit next week so taking them on an overnighter to Eden.(we are borders Devon / Somerset)

Would like a smallish site nearish to Eden with nice pub nearby.

Anyone got any suggestions?

Looked at Innis Inn - Fishery and camp site - anyone been there? Would like to know what camping area is like, is it sheltered etc -not much on the site about it though.

Found Billberry Farm whose small and not very detailed web site I found on a nefarious web search somehow. Emailed to ask if near enough to walk to Eden as may visit and looking for one night next week. Mentioned we were CCC members.

Got a v sharp response. "as far as I am aware there is NO reciprocal arrangemebt for CCC members to use Caravan Club CL sites so we cannot take your booking."

ooooer.... I had heard there was a difference between CC and CCL - now I know.

Anyway - back to my question - Does anyone know of a good site near Eden - we want to sit out and chat round a bbq in pm if poss and weather permitting, so a relaxed type site would be good - also have two small dogs coming with us.

Paula

2. marrod23

marrod23 Funster

Hi Paula theirs a CL site on Par moor about 10 minutes from eden project with a lovely pub across the road called the britannia if thats any help happy travels cheers Rod:thumb:

3. Paula

Paula Read Only Funster

Thanks Rod. Wonder if that is Medros Farm site (small site for 5 vans) - do you recall name by any chance ? if not will ring the pub. Pub looks a bit up market -am I right? or wrong impression from web site perhaps.

out now but back tomorrow to check for any more input

4. PenelopePitstop

PenelopePitstop Funster Life Member

Doubletrees Farm Caravan Site, Luxulyan Rd, St Blazey Gate.

We're on there at the moment - excellent quiet site, superb facilities very clean. £15 a night.:thumb:

1 mile walk to Eden Project. You get a discount if you walk there too!

300 yds from The Four Lords pub and bus stop for Par and St Austell.

We use it every year!:Rofl1:

50º 21' 12.9" N
    4º 43' 43.88" W

01726 812266 Denis and Eileen Retallick

5. Paula

Paula Read Only Funster

thanks so much.

Paula

6. Mags52

Mags52 Funster

We've been to the Innis fishery - to fish not to camp - but looked at the site. It's level, very limited facilities but in the grounds of a pub that serves food. Nice people own it and it was very quiet when we were there. Walking distance from the Eden project. Hope that helps. :Smile:

7. rainbow chasers

rainbow chasers Read Only Funster

There is the innis inn, and madros farm a bit further up. Both benefit from being on the back-road access, so no huge queues!

A little further up the back road is kerrow, and kerrow farm, which is very nice. There is also a tiny CL on the dump road - don't be put off, the views are stunning over the bay. Cannot recall what is is called, but often see a couple of vans there.