CAMC Insurance (1 Viewer)

Apr 12, 2018
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
Hi my MH insurance is due on 18 of may still no renewal letter I have rang twice still not got it so called them yesterday they then tell me the renewal cost over the phone and is £589 well last year it was £340 been with them 5years & 5 years no claims they did not want to discuss it with me I still got no letter today So I have a multi policy with LV SO rang them and to put on my policy cost me £52 till my end date in September and they told me the premium will be £220 for the same cover I was getting from the Motorhome club I got 17days left can any one tell me when I should cancel my old policy with out any charges thanks for your help Lads

Apr 26, 2015
Ottershaw
Funster No
MH
Hymer S820
Exp
First motorhome May 2021
Hi my MH insurance is due on 18 of may still no renewal letter I have rang twice still not got it so called them yesterday they then tell me the renewal cost over the phone and is £589 well last year it was £340 been with them 5years & 5 years no claims they did not want to discuss it with me I still got no letter today So I have a multi policy with LV SO rang them and to put on my policy cost me £52 till my end date in September and they told me the premium will be £220 for the same cover I was getting from the Motorhome club I got 17days left can any one tell me when I should cancel my old policy with out any charges thanks for your help Lads
I would just ring them and tell them not to auto renew your policy when it runs out and start your cover with LV on the same day so you remain insured.

Oct 16, 2019
Bishop Auckland, UK
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
I had a quote from the CAMC ( they use Devitts insurance for the motor policies)last year when I bought the MH. Their price was £360 ish from memory. I forgot to add a no fault claim on my car insurance ( someone rear ended me needing a new bumper). The price went up by £110.

Tried another broker and the price came back at £330 with highway (LV). The CAMC was with----highway.
Try someone else as I think there is too much margin being taken by the CAMC.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
can any one tell me when I should cancel my old policy with out any charges thanks for your help Lads
I wouldn't bother ,just make sure the 'auto renew ' is cancelled along with any direct debit in advance of the date.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 28, 2017
Lichfield, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
I phoned today as mine expires on 18th ,however mine was on£ 50 more

Jul 8, 2008
Weymouth, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
c build
Exp
24yr
looking for ins for the newis escape 686 im getting and over all it been around the £400 some are two up to 877
best was caravan gaurd at £394

Dec 23, 2014
South Somerset
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Line I 50
Exp
Since 2009
If you can join Boundless (CSMA). You can then get a very significant reduction on all LV insurance products; plus all the other club perks as well. Boundless

Nov 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 669
Exp
Since April 2013
Aviva are no longer doing Motorhome cover, CAMC quoted £508 with Highway MP @ Lloyds but with no breakdown cover. They wanted £670.00 for U.K. and European. ! Meanwhile. AIB came back with £596.00 with LV and £80.00 for U.K. and eu breakdown.
Strangely I had shortly tried LV who wouldn’t give cover as it was not parked at Home!!
Stayed with AIB .

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back