Buying Gas abroard

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by sleep e carr, Feb 4, 2014.

1. sleep e carr

sleep e carr

Hi we are going to be traveling around in Europe this year in our little camper,
    we use Propane at moment, can take some spares but they are the small dumpy Botts don't want to take too much gas in trailer because of the danger in case of accident, so what is the best thing to do no room for bigger bottle,
    some one told me that you can a bottle in Europe and get deposit back when you leave the country Can anyone tell me if this is correct please.

Regards George

2. SoapyTutti

SoapyTutti Read Only Funster

George,

Down here in Spain you can get a Spanish bottle and adaptor for around 18 euro gas is around 78 cents a litre at the moment shame you can't get gaslow fitted it would be ideal.

3. bobandjanie

bobandjanie Funster Life Member

We have a little camper, and we have 2 x 11kg gas it refillable bottles. :thumb:

http://www.gasit.co.uk/index.php?_a=category&cat_id=2&page=all

In france its easy to buy a gas bottle, you could get your deposit back, but its only about a euro. :BigGrin:

In spain is not so easy to buy one with a contract, but easy to buy one at a rastro or charity shop, then take it to a garage and exchange for a full one. :Smile:

But I would say refillable bottles are the way to go if your touring.
    We have had them for 8 years and never had any problems with the bottles or refilling them in France Holland Denmark Germany Spain or Portugal. :thumb: Bob.

4. emmitdb

emmitdb Funster

Greetings,

Contrary to what has been said, in Spain you can hire (buy) a 6kgs butane bottle from Repsol garages of which there are thousands.
    You will need a reg. or adaptor to fit on top of it and depending which you need (if its a reg then they are available with a spigot to which you can attach a rubber tube, or, if its an adaptor you need then the pigtail you need is a British type Butane with a left hand thread female nut.)
    The bottle is lightweight and similar in shape to a BP bottle but smaller.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Minxy Girl

Minxy Girl Funster Life Member

I thought you might be interested in this which I posted on another forum, obviously if you went for a 6kg bottle it would be a bit cheaper

6. Reallyretired

Reallyretired Funster

If you've only a small gas locker Gaslow do a 6Kg refillable bottle. Not sure whether any of the other suppliers do one this size, I know Alugas don't.

7. Minxy Girl

Minxy Girl Funster Life Member

It might be wise to check out the requirements for the ferry/Eurotunnel on how you have to SECURE the bottles, to stop them moving around/so they can't be turned on by someone etc - if you do have to put some in your trailer I would think if it is a rigid one you might be okay, but if a fabric covered one I would doubt it.

8. coldstreamer

coldstreamer Funster

Hi,
    Has anyone found a UK supplier for the new Euro adapter? tried 'Surfing'
    No Joy! Annoying I bought three different ones last year and now they come up with another one. Any help appreciated..
    Best Regards Mac

9. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

LPG Euronozzle
    http://www.gaslowdirect.com/Gaslow-Euro/Spanish-Fill-Adapter

and some useful info LPG Spain and Portugal

http://gazeo.eu/up-to-date/news/2013/LPG-in-Spain-and-Portugal-euroconnector-land,news,6963.html

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYvAD2naC_s"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYvAD2naC_s[/ame]

Last edited: Feb 5, 2014
  10. DocHoliday

DocHoliday Read Only Funster

How common is the euronozzle these days throughout western Europe? It's been a while since I ventured further than France, where the pump guns don't seem to have changed for years.

I have a Repsol cylinder for Spain, so don't need a euronozzle there.