Burstner - draining the water heater?

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Flobster, Dec 22, 2013.

1. Flobster

Flobster Read Only Funster

Evening all,
    I'm a brand newbie (having just taken the plunge and bought a 2001 Burstner 532 Active mh )
    My first question ( no doubt of many ,as although it had a manual, it's all in German!)
    It has a Truma heater and a solenoid that automatically empties the fresh water tank ,when the temperature goes down to 3 degrees (per previous owner . )
    There is about an inch of water now ,left in the fresh tank, ( presume that's normal?) but does it automatically drain the water in the heater as well, or does that need draining seperately ( and if so, how ,please?
    Many thanks for reading and look forward to meeting u Funsters ( apart from Spenders, who I already know ,and who kindly introduced me to the mh fun!)
    Regards
    Flobster
    (Mick)

2. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

First of all congratulations on buying a Burstner :BigGrin:

The automatic dump valve actually drains the water heater, not the fresh water tank. You will also probably find that there is a manual dump valve with a yellow lever similar to the one in the illustration attached.

Our Burstner has a plug in the bottom of the fresh tank, attached to the access cap by a chain. When the cap is unscrewed the plug can be pulled out to drain it.

See my notes Here.

Hilldweller (Brian) has a Burstner A530, which I think is similar to the A532, so may be able to offer more tips.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  3. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

You've just done most of it, one automatic valve and a lever valve almost next to it right by the Truma.

Then you must pull the plug in the tank, turn the water pump off ( over the door ) and open and blow down all taps to clear the water for if it freezes in the tap it's dead. Leave them open.

Then get underneath and find the rotten wood in the back corners where the useless design allows water into the gap in the skirt but not out again.

Apart from that a grand little van.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Spenders

Spenders

Flobster??

Never heard of him.........

:thumb:

• Like Like x 2