Bug Barrier?

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Baycott, May 23, 2015.

1. Baycott

Baycott Funster

Whilst cleaning my MoHo ready for the buyer to collect I had a real problem removing the dead bugs from the bonnet and overcab "bulge".
    I don't want this to happen on the new one so was wondering if there is any barrier kind of product I can treat the front of the van with to prevent the bugs sticking quite so firmly?
    TIA
    John.

2. trekkin

trekkin Read Only Funster

No magic solution but for us

Good wash and wax and get it nice and clean beforehand.
    Once arrived at destination a wash down with long handled brush and wash/wax solution before they set on solid.
    I know most sites do not allow van washing, but have never been stopped, or complained about, for cleaning the front of the van/windscreen/mirrors/camera after all it's a safety issue.

• Like Like x 1
  3. funflair

funflair Funster Life Member

A good polish to try to stop them sticking and then I do a quick clean after a journey with Autoglym rapid Detailer, seems to lift them off quite easy, bit more difficult if you can't reach the bulge.

Martin

• Like Like x 1
  4. namwaldog

namwaldog Funster

Hiya,
    I found a solution by default really. I had washed ours using what I thought was a soft brush on a handle only to find that the 'soft' bristles marked the acrylic windows so I invested in some Fenwicks Windowize
    When I had done the windows, which polished up nicely by the way, I tried the cloth that I had used on the windows on a particularly persistent fly splat and it came of a treat!!!
    I have to wear sunglasses to look at the Luton now!!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Sheddy

Sheddy Funster

I have heard it said the for long journeys folks use cling film on the bonnet, not tried it my self, might give it a go on the way down to Beni for next winter (y)
    Cheers

• Like Like x 1
  6. rosalan

rosalan Funster

My local Motor Factor store sells a spray to remove bugs, although in a very hot climate they can still be hard to remove.

• Like Like x 1