broken shower connection.

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by John and Cheryl, Oct 4, 2011.

1. John and Cheryl

John and Cheryl Read Only Funster

Another question for you helpful people.
    A motor home I am looking at has a broken shower connection.
    It looks like its snapped just where it comes out of the plastic moulding.
    I think you would have to take the plastic moulding off completely and fit and complete new one but without taking the thing apart its hard to tell.
    Anyway getting to the question are the shower connection / fittings standard for all motor homes like they are for the home shower or would you have to buy the one for that make of motor home?
    Thanks for your help as always

2. nomadic

nomadic Funster

Hi,

Is it the hose connector that has broken, if you can unscrew it, you will find it is the same thread as a domestic one.

We had that problem, went to Focus, with the broken one to check size, all seemed ok, so purchased it, when we were handed our reciept, we were told "Focus is trading in recievership, you will nor be able to change it, or get a refund if you need to return it"

It fitted ok.

You say its snapped of, if the unscrewing of the hose isnt the answer, then it is more of a problem, and until you can see behind the plastic wall, its difficult to advise.

its the hose.:thumb:

3. JockandRita

JockandRita Funster Life Member

Hi John & Cheryl,

Many MH manufacturers often use the same parts during the build, ie, Hymer, Burstner, Hobby, Euromibile, etc, which are German. As Laika is German built, it may well use similar parts to the others.
    Swift, Elddis, Autotrail, and now Bailey, which are British Built, often use the same parts too.

Appliance manufacturers such as Smev, Truma, Carver, Cramer, Thetford, Electrolux/Dometic, etc, etc, are to be found in most European MHs.

Cheers,

Jock.

4. tofo

tofo Funster

5. John and Cheryl

John and Cheryl Read Only Funster

The Part I saw was metal but its a three hour drive so Im not going back to check:Rofl1:
    It wont stop me buying the motorhome if we decide this is the one.
    Thanks all for your help
    John