Free Member
Jun 10, 2009
Wirral
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since June 2009
Just returned from a week away and a gust of wind caught the habitation door and smashed the retaining clip.

Loads of "standard" type door retainers on eBay but ours (on a Chausson) is somewhat different - struggling to source one - any ideas please?

Steve

Attachments

• Chausson door holder.jpg
    Chausson door holder.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 131
Oct 20, 2010
Burry Port South Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2003
This looks like what you are looking for.

Broken Link Removed

Not quick enough.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
OP
OP
steveclecy

steveclecy

Free Member
Jun 10, 2009
Wirral
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since June 2009
Wow! How did you find that and me not! I should have put "Chausson" into the search box!

Thanks guys. Not particularly cheap but it is the right one.

Steve

Goshawk

Free Member
Mar 2, 2014
West Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
hi i live not a great distance from vanplus at crosshands carmarthen, they are an honest business, with loads of stuff:Smile: and more than happy to help, i have no connection, its just nice to buy something from somebody who is interested in motorhoming etc, but there are loads of others:RollEyes: depends on choice as ever, good hunting:thumb:

Oct 20, 2010
Burry Port South Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2003
I can also endorse the guys and galls at VanPlus at Crosshands, they fitted our solar system and additional batteries, they were offering a good deal on a 100 amp system so we agreed to go ahead, however it turned out there was not enough space on our roof for the panel on offer, no problem they fitted a larger capacity panel for the same price.
Nice :thumb:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I wouldn't bother buying the Chausson specific one - we had 2 go on our MH within a few months as there is a design fault - if the 'male' part fitted to the door hits the body mounted 'female' clip hard, not even massively, they can easily break in the same way that yours has - the 'male' section goes too far into the other part and splits it in two eventually. We replaced our with a standard one like this without a problem.

Broken Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
steveclecy

steveclecy

Free Member
Jun 10, 2009
Wirral
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since June 2009
Mel that advice looks good - but from your experience are the screw holes identical? Not wanting to add to the number of holes in the body.

Steve

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Steve, from what I can recall the holes were the same as I too didn't want to put more holes in the MH, and I know it took me some time to find this retainer that matched the original well in that regard - but it was about 3 years ago so don't kill me if you have to drill it! :Blush:

OP
OP
steveclecy

steveclecy

Free Member
Jun 10, 2009
Wirral
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since June 2009