Dec 5, 2015
Peterborough
Funster No
MH
coachbuild
Exp
approx 2003
Hi all

just booked ourselves onto the Portsmouth/Santander ferry for 25th April - got the usual bumf which included info about the BF MasterCard.

I know lots of people use Revolut(sic) but I haven't heard of the BF MasterCard and wondered if anyone had any experience of it ?

many thanks in advance

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Hi all

just booked ourselves onto the Portsmouth/Santander ferry for 25th April - got the usual bumf which included info about the BF MasterCard.

I know lots of people use Revolut(sic) but I haven't heard of the BF MasterCard and wondered if anyone had any experience of it ?

many thanks in advance

Yes,,,costs to draw cash on it,,Emptied mine and cut it up,,Will stick to my Halifax credit card which costs nothing abroad,,BUSBY:(:(

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
Hi all

many thanks in advance
We returned from Bilbao earlier this month. The crossing was rather rough and most of the motorhomes and caravans were on deck. It was a very old open deck boat. We suffered a lot of damage but Brittany wouldn't help with financial help.
Needless to say we will not be using them again.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I have a BF card, one you pre-charge by putting money on it. The exchange rate isn't bad but probably not as good as Revolut but certainly a lot better than the Post Office card I had before.
I like to have several different cards, keeping at least one locked up in the van as a backup in case I'm mugged. Being a careful fellow. :)

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
We returned from Bilbao earlier this month. The crossing was rather rough and most of the motorhomes and caravans were on deck. It was a very old open deck boat. We suffered a lot of damage but Brittany wouldn't help with financial help.
Needless to say we will not be using them again.

That would be Econome Boat,,BUSBY.

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
On the outward journey it was Economy but not an open deck. Never been on one of these old tubs before. A lot of vehicles suffered damage on the open deck.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
On the outward journey it was Economy but not an open deck. Never been on one of these old tubs before. A lot of vehicles suffered damage on the open deck.
Was that from water coming over the side?

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
The waves were going over our van. Inside the fridge vent was soaking with the continuous pounding. They strapped down my car trailer along with all the caravans and trucks. There wasn't any washing off of vehicles on this voyage.

Reactions: DBK
Aug 19, 2013
Wells, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115
Exp
since 2004
I generally email them when I know which boat we be will on, and ask this question. That away I have grounds to refuse to go on the open deck, or recourse if there's a problem. This is after being on the open deck, rough crossing, Van look like a block of salt. Had to throw a bucket of water before I could even see out of the front window. Likewise I asked for recompense, of course there was no response and presumably it is covered by their small print. Trouble is I can't remember now which boat it was.

No way would I go on the economy to Spain, even if it is a little cheaper.

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back