LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
I don't want a copy. I don't want to take part. I can't be alone in this. So how do I get rid of the annoying prompt.

If you don't want it Brian enter it the reminder may disappear then if you win give the prize to me because I would really like it. ;)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
My new book arrived today, staying in one of the new sites tomorrow for my birthday meal - nice :)

Oh and sorry Steve for getting my order wrong so many times :whistle: (it was me who kept failing to subscribe :D)

Busman

Free Member
Jul 25, 2013
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Esterel
Exp
A few years
Just seen the competion question, technically every answer is correct :)(y)
Oh and enter'd looks a good book

Last edited:

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
cliffandger, all the freebies have been sent out and we sent one to a Geraldine near Bristol, could that have been you?

If you email or pm me with your details I'll check.

Steve :)
Yes that's us Steve. Thanks very much. (y)

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Damn, beaten, had to get rid of the red splodge.

I suppose you all know that there is only ONE answer, Over 200, that covers all values.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
If it's any consolation Brian, I can't get rid of the red splodge.
Steve :)

Problem is, apart from being a ninja trained grumpy old man, I was a programmer so this sort of thing bugs me because it's sloppy programming. If you and Jim can't get rid because you are not allowed to take part then the programmer did not analise the problem fully. And my grumpy bit, it's plain bad manners not to have a get out of this.

But after a bit of thought and knowing we may have more time to fill in the UK this year I ordered a copy, it's not a lot of money and some of the comments on here have been very positive.

Allan & Loren

Free Member
Dec 8, 2014
Leyland, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
Since 2014
My copy arrived this morning and it is much bigger than last years. Really looking forward to getting the most out of it this year. Well done Steve & Mandy (y)

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
If you don't want it Brian enter it the reminder may disappear then if you win give the prize to me because I would really like it. ;)

It's a deal. I've just had a re-think and bought one anyway.

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Hi, Jim.

I love this site and the work you do but wonder why I cannot enter unless I reveal the year of my birth.

With the amount of hacking of information held on websites personal details need to be protected. We have already fallen foul of a hacking of an international companies data base.

Is the guide alcoholic?:whistle:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I reveal the year of my birth.

So lie, I usually do give or take a few years. In fact lie about anything that might be used to categorise you. It's plain common sense these days.

There are folk on here who use their full names, we know the quality of their vehicles, we know when they are away. God's gift to thieves.

It could be worse, it could have the coverage of facebook.

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
So lie, I usually do give or take a few years. In fact lie about anything that might be used to categorise you. It's plain common sense these days.

There are folk on here who use their full names, we know the quality of their vehicles, we know when they are away. God's gift to thieves.

It could be worse, it could have the coverage of facebook.
Ok.

My birth year was 1835. You should see the amount of pension I have collected by now!;)

Still doesn't answer the question why we need to reveal such information to enter a competition on this site. I am sure Jim is not intending to sell our info to third parties, but, again, why?(n)

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Still doesn't answer the question why we need to reveal such information to enter a competition on this site.

I don't know but you did mention alcohol, are we living in such an absurd world that we cannot give out the address of a pub to a minor ?

I see that I've actually been honest with FUN and put my correct age in. How's that for trust.

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
done :) :) :) shared on face book but cannot find it on there anyone know where it is shared to I thought it would have been my wall :)

runrig

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 22, 2007
sheffield
Funster No
MH
Compass Kensington
Exp
25 years
Brian if you don't stop whinging Ill reveal your antics at Whitehouse Farm last year, wont we Dinah enter the competition cos I want one xx :whistle2::giggler: :party2:
Sheila

Jan 24, 2015
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Still learning 😊
Well I have just entered the competition. Ive never heard of this book but if I win it I am hoping it will help me on my travels.

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
Hi, Jim.

I love this site and the work you do but wonder why I cannot enter unless I reveal the year of my birth.

With the amount of hacking of information held on websites personal details need to be protected. We have already fallen foul of a hacking of an international companies data base.

Is the guide alcoholic?:whistle:
Aha, that's why I couldn't enter. I'm too young apparently ;D

Jim, could you add a few years to my stated birthday as we can't change it ?

Cheers

Photo4x4

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Scottish Highlands
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt with over cab
Exp
Ha! I was driving down to Inverness this morning (south) and passed a MH parked in a lay-by right next to the A9 (north). We had quite a lot of snow overnight and the road was a bit slushy and a great big articulated lorry passed the lay-by and the MH was battered with slushy spray as the traffic noisily rushed past.

I thought, now if the owner of that MH had subscribed to a copy of Britstops, they could have been parked up in peace and quiet nice and snug in the car park of the Tarbat Discovery Centre at Portmahomack!

No doubt they were inside the MH drying out old tea bags to save a bit more cash. :)

Keith Hart

Photo4x4

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Scottish Highlands
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt with over cab
Exp
Britstops works!

We received our guide yesterday (thanks Steve & Mandy). This is the first time I've ever seen one and it is very impressive.

So how do I know it works?

Well I was browsing the guide to see what is up here in the Highlands and I saw entry number 845, Castle Arms Hotel, Mey, which is up on the north coast about 2 hours drive away for us. It looks like a nice restaurant but is a bit far for an evening meal.

No problem now though. Drive up in the MH, have a nice meal and then retire a few yards to the MH for the night. Next day take a nice leisurely drive back home after visiting the Castle of Mey!

Emailed and meal booked and in her indoors' good books - job's a good 'un. :)

Keith Hart

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back