Breathalysers in France

Discussion in 'Continental Touring' started by Parcverger, Mar 9, 2012.

1. Parcverger

Parcverger Funster - Campsite Owner

The law has now been published, and will apply from 1 July 2012. It will not be enforced until 1 November, when a fine of 11 Euros will be applied to all vehicles (except mopeds under 50cc) that do not carry a breathalyser.

For the record, it will apply to all visitors to France as well as those living here.

Bob

• Like Like x 1
  2. dryad

dryad Funster

saw that a few days ago. single use breathalysers are quite cheap to buy, couple of euros or so i believe, but thinking that we'll need a few in case of being stopped and having to use it, and then a few miles down the road being stopped again. guess they're onto a nice little earner there....

3. slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob Read Only Funster

remember that the following company does not have any

Breathalyser UK ..selling on Ebay with an 0844 telephone number (which claims it is a free call .. it is not) will be happy to take your money, but has no stocks and does not have a date when they can supply them.. but I am told they have taken thousands of orders .. nice business it seems to be in.. As there are 30 million motorist ??? they clam in in France and that the factory can only produce 200,000 a month there is a long delay in supplying them..

While you wait they have your money.

Bob.. p.s you can ask for a refund.. we have, but nothing as yet has reached our bank.:Angry:

4. Stephen & Jeannie

Stephen & Jeannie Read Only Funster

Tongue in cheek !!

Got mine !!!!! Can't wait to be stopped ! I have....

2 Triangles.
    Spare specs.
    Set Of bulbs.
    Hi Viz jackets.
    Tow rope.
    E 111.
    Euros for Aires.
    Clean underwear.
    Condoms. (unused, dammit !)
    Really heavy pots, pans, glasses and cutlery ! (See post on Pots and Pans !!)

What have I missed ???

:Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1:

• Like Like x 1
  5. frogijock

frogijock Funster

The breathalyser you buy is for your personal use ie if you have had a drink and want to check if you are fit to drive.
    The police will NOT use your breathalyser, they have their own, which they will use.
    But it will be sensible to buy two so that if you do use one then you are still within the law, as you are required to have one in your vehicle :thumb:

6. slobadoberbob

I do not drink if I am driving - simples

I will carry one, when I ever get it that is... but as I do not run the risk of drinking and then getting behind the wheel then I do not have a problem.

I know of many of the members on this site and the RVOC that do not touch a drop on the Sunday even although they are not leaving until the Monday.. they value there licence.. as I do. I do not drink at all if I am going to be behind the wheel the next day.

Bob

7. slobadoberbob

As an aside

I saw to day that the caption of the cargo ship that hit the Stena Line car ferry on Wednesday in Belfast Lough has failed a breath test and has been put in front of the court. The Polish captain was over the alcohol limit.. he has been remanded in custody until Monday.. no bail..

Think how many could have lost there life in that sort of situation..

So it is not just cars.. or motorhomes..

I can remember when I used to fly light aircraft that at the base I used (Biggin Hill) Kent that a pilot called Kirk called the tower and ordered up a shotgun to shoot the rabbits on the runway.. he called over the radio he was Captain Kirk of the star ship Cessna.. he lost his pilots licence and got 6 months.

Bob

8. Billy23

Billy23 Funster

If rabbits are on the runway surely he would need a shotgun. And I didn't read about Capt Kirk going to prison......are you sure it was him :Rofl1:

9. slobadoberbob

I am sure he got 6 months... long time ago now

It was a long time ago, but sure he got 6 months.. but memories as you get older may be wrong, but I can remember the facts of the shotgun and the rabbits.. he was well over the limit .. again pilots do not drink 12 hours before they fly or even more...

Bob

10. JJ

JJ Funster

By the merest quirk of fate I have a small supply of French breathalysers at "One Fray Bentos Pie per kit"... :Wink:

Collection location... Marjal...

JJ :Cool:

11. slobadoberbob

a man after my own heart

JJ is aman after my own heart ....trade, swap and deal... alas not coming to Spain yet and I am not posting you a FBP ...

Bob:RollEyes::cry: