Breakdown cover for motorhome

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by woodstock, May 3, 2011.

1. woodstock

woodstock Funster

Looking for breakdown cover for motorhome GVW 3850 England and Europe. Any ideas

2. normanandsue

normanandsue Funster

The best value for money for breakdown service in Europe and Uk seems to be with a German Company ADAC who can be contacted at Tanja.klein@nrh.adac.de
    or on their website www.adac.de
    or by phone to a designated English speaking representative 0049 221 472747.

This topic has been a frequent thread over the last couple of months with everyone who has used them singing their praises both from a cost and efficiency of service point of view.

I intend seriously looking at them when I renew my breakdown cover which at present is with Greenflag.

This service costs in the region of £90 depending on value of the Euro for complete cover, both in UK and Europe. Those who have used their breakdown cover in UK have found they have been attended by AA breakdown on a reciprocal basis with ADAC in Germany.

Hope this helps.

Norman

3. lorger

lorger Funster

We got ours through Frank Pickles give them a call and see what they have, and as an added bonus it covers all the uk and not just England:Rofl1::Rofl1:

4. lou020

lou020 Funster

i rang adac 2 months ago and paid over the phone for membership plus with credit card 78.50euros plus 4 euros new member admin or something like that. had my receipt within 3 days and full papers/member card etc 7 days later. brilliant and spoke better english than me.
    ps not used them yet though (touch wood)

5. bobandjanie

bobandjanie Funster Life Member

Hi, our Insurance on the van is with Saga, and they cover us for European Breakdown Cover, used it three years ago in France no problem. :Smile: Bob.

6. TDH

TDH Funster

Don't know about insuring with Saga, we've just had a blinking saga with Swinton.

It has eventually worked out OK but I did have to shout at them (see this thread).

Whoever you go with, just make sure you read ALL of the small print!!

7. Pikey Pete

Pikey Pete Read Only Funster

Had to be recovered in France when the gearbox pump failed on the Merc. a couple of weeks ago, by the RAC, via Comfort insurance.

They handled everything including 2 nights hotel accommodation, with no hassles. So I would recommend them any time.

The Hymer was fully loaded @ 4.6 Tonne.

Pete:Cool:

Attached Files: