Bonfire night

Discussion in 'The Beginner' started by TheDeckKing, Sep 20, 2014.

1. TheDeckKing

TheDeckKing Read Only Funster

Can anyone recommend a site or place to visit for bonfire night? We have 2 kids and are based near Manchester. There's no decent organised show here so would like to make a weekend of it.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Brian and Jo

Brian and Jo Funster Life Member

motorhomes and bonfires don't mix :cool:;)
    brian and jo

• Like Like x 1
  3. keith

keith Funster

Maybe too far for you but Stockton do a firework display that is quite fantastic. Went some years ago and there is a camp site close to the river and a Steak house type pub. Not sure if it's CC or C&CC.

4. Yorick

Yorick Funster

Iused to love bonfires up in Bradford. But only seen one in all the 20 years I've been darn sarf.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Baycott

Baycott Funster

We used to go to Billing Aquadrome when the kids were young. It was a really good weekend.
    http://www.billingaquadrome.com/event-detail/13
    Fireworks are viewed from the opposite side of the lake and they reflect in it.
    It certainly used to be a really good show. (y)

• Like Like x 1
  6. tonybassplayer

tonybassplayer Read Only Funster

Just signed up tonight as we are looking at making a possible purchase next year so please don't think I am pushing for business however I saw your post earlier and thought I would respond.

The place I work at near Skipton has a cracking one every year with the best part of a thousand people attending with a massive firework to music display, huge bonfire with food, drink and live band etc inside the barn. We have a five van CL site attached to the visitor centre.

Unfortunately this year which may not suit you it is actually on the 5th itself rather than the nearest weekend but thought I would mention it in case the children are pre school age.

• Like Like x 1
  7. tonybassplayer

tonybassplayer Read Only Funster

Just signed up tonight as we are looking at making a possible purchase next year so please don't think I am pushing for business however I saw your post earlier and thought I would respond.

The place I work at near Skipton has a cracking one every year with the best part of a thousand people attending with a massive firework to music display, huge bonfire with food, drink and live band etc inside the barn. We have a five van CL site attached to the visitor centre.

Unfortunately this year which may not suit you it is actually on the 5th itself rather than the nearest weekend but thought I would mention it in case the children are pre school age.

8. K9Brian

K9Brian Funster

9. laneside

laneside Funster

You could park your van on the CL at Todmorden cricket club and go to the Hebden Bridge organised bonfire. Do check first though as we are in France at present but no reason to doubt that there will be one this year as every other year

10. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

very true.. but they make excellent bonfires..

I'd stay well away from any place people are playing with explosives..

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  11. peter marshall

peter marshall

Hi
    I dont know if it will be on ?, but if you are a member you can check, we have attended the C& C rally at Windy Harbour off the M55, a couple of times, If not a member you can book into the site and go to the Bonfire & Fireworks anyway, it's was a good show when we went. Pete