Boiler wont ignight

Discussion in 'The Beginner' started by holidayman, Nov 14, 2009.

1. holidayman

holidayman Read Only Funster

I have have just bought a merc sprinter & decided to gut it out and compleately rebuild. When i put the boiler back in ( Pektron 1998 ) it will not ignite. Not sure if i have put in the wires correctly. The block connector from the boiler has gone to the fridge first with the white wire into live & the blue into neg.

Can you help

2. lunarman

lunarman Funster

Pektron1998 is a maker of elctronic control equipment. Are you qouting the maker of the boiler or the control electronics?

I assume that you are trying to fire up the gas- Have you checked that there is gas at the appliance and that the exhaust is not covered?

3. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

Do you have a multimeter and know how to use it ?

If so, first step is to check you have 12 v at the boiler, if not then you need to check the wiring, connections and fuses, you may have wired it into the wrong connector at the fridge.. perhaps it's on the 12v supply from the split charge relay rather than the permanent 12v feed.

jim

4. holidayman

No, but the hob lights up on gas. The flu is not blocked.

I can only find Pecktron 1998 on the boiler. With 0441AY1 as some kind of serial number

5. holidayman

Its on the same direct feed from the permmnent 12v from the fridge.

Been working on the van all day and trying to get the boiler to light but no luck: however the 240 volt works and the water gets hot.