BLUETOOTH TO RADIO - help please

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by wingman, Aug 1, 2014.

1. wingman

wingman Funster

Everyone (well, non- motorhomers) tells me that I should be able to play music via Bluetooth to the cab radio.

I've read and re-read the destructions and it only mentions plugging the phone into the USB socket. The phone 'pairs' ok and phone calls via Bluetooth/ hands- free works fine BUT...... I was using google maps to find a fuel station the other day and quelle surprise, the directions on my phone emitted via the cab speakers:eek:

Question is; WHY did it Bluetooth the audio from my phone when on google maps, but won't Bluetooth Music?

It's a new type Peugeot cab by the way.

2. RS_rob

RS_rob Funster

most Bluetooth radios have 2 functions
    Bluetooth for mobile calling
    &
    Bluetooth Audio for music & films

usually its in the settings on the phone
    Settings, Bluetooth, select the device say Radio & you will have 2 options 1 is mobile calling & the other is Audio Output

With both selected you can play music from your phone as long as the radio is the BTA mode.

• Like Like x 1
  3. wingman

wingman Funster

Thanks RS' Will give it a go.

4. wingman

wingman Funster

After trying various combinations, it eems like my radio does not support Bluetooth? The on board Bluetooth is for hands-free phone operation only :cry:
    Cheap skates!

That would explain why the google mapping directions were transmitted to the speakers with the radio off! It obviously 'sees' the info as a streamed phone call.

Tried bluetoothing music in Mrs Wingman's car (a Kia) and it works a treat :confused:
    Her radio has "RDS/Bluetooth/MP3" printed on the front - mine doesn't.

Guess I'll just have to live with plugging the phone into the USB socket (no 3.5 jack either!)

• Like Like x 1