bloody weather!

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by smiffy502000, Sep 8, 2013.

1. smiffy502000

smiffy502000 Funster

spent all day cleaning, polishing, black streak removing.. van looks great! within half an hour, pi@@!!g down with rain!....happens every time. :Angry::Angry:

2. Landy lover

Landy lover Funster

Same problem but never got around to cleaning it - only got the bucket and brush out ready :cry:

• Like Like x 1
  3. MHVirgins

MHVirgins

It was raining off and on here all day today and yesterday:Sad:

It's hard to believe that for the last two weeks the weather has been brilliant, last week it was glorious in Yorkshire, then it heaved it down during the early hours of Friday morning. The drive north up the A1 on Saturday was awful, wet and windy.

Looks like the summer has gone:cry:

4. smiffy502000

smiffy502000 Funster

don't say that, we are off to devon for a week next weekend,..we went same week last year and the weather was fantastic! fingers crossed!!:thumb:

• Like Like x 1
  5. MHVirgins

MHVirgins

Will keep our fingers crossed for you, that the weather is good. Whereabouts in Devon are you heading for? We always had great holidays in and around the South Hams area when the children were young. Dartmouth being the favourite place.:thumb:

• Like Like x 1
  6. smiffy502000

smiffy502000 Funster

thanks, we are having a couple of nights in Lynton, then going across to slapton sands, its our ruby wedding anniversary while we are there..(suppose I should have taken her somewhere exotic,) but we can still have fun... no jokes please:BigGrin::BigGrin:

• Like Like x 1
  7. MHVirgins

MHVirgins

We used to go from Dartmouth over to Slapton Sands and go into the Start Bay Inn for fish and chips:thumb: Don't know what it's like now, but it was great the last time we were there (in 1998). You had to queue up at 6 pm outside, it was so popular, always chock-a-block, especially at the weekends.
    40 years married, that's great, we're 35 years later this month.
    Have a look at this clip from YouTube:Eek!:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tV41k8KD6PM"]Shark at Slapton Sands Devon - YouTube[/ame]
    There's so much to do around that area, have you been to Trago Mills near Newton Abbott? You can spend a day there quite easily, the go-karts and the "freefall" used to be fun..........but we were 15 years younger then:Laughing:

Will keep my fingers crossed that the weather is good for you, have a great time.

Margaret:BigGrin:

• Like Like x 2
  8. JJ

JJ Funster

I believe it is God's way of saying don't bother with this cleaning milarky (unless, of course, you are selling). :Rofl1:

JJ :Cool:

• Like Like x 2
  9. DiggerJon

DiggerJon Funster

Vehicle cleaning

I thought it was a well known fact that cleaning a car or van is "The old English rain dance"!

• Like Like x 2
  10. icantremember

icantremember Funster

There's nothing wrong with Lynton for your ruby anniversary ... Hope you have a great time there. :wine:

My parents went there for their honeymoon in 1940 and named their first house Lynton.

Brian

11. smiffy502000

smiffy502000 Funster

o h I know its a great place as is most of devon,in fact if you could bank on good weather in this country, I would never bother going abroad.i think this country of ours has loads to offer,:thumb::thumb::thumb:

• Like Like x 1