Bloody Fridge

Discussion in 'Fridges & Ovens' started by Eve, Oct 23, 2015.

1. Eve

Eve Read Only Funster

can any one help me out or should I just go to Narboone???

I have a n3000-a series with touchscreen fridge

It's Manual and not automatic,having Problems getting it on Gas!!
    The control panel when activated will not go on gass,and to the left of the controls a red panel is appearing .
    It does not seem to be going through the sequence,electric,battery,gassbefore it automatically switches it's self off

I am level,no heat coming from out side cover,worked on electric,and also on battery when driving?????
    Has anyone any ideas as I am not use to this fridge,plus manual not very helpful says nothing about the red panel that has appeared .

So looking forward to a G&T,it's Hot now in the South of France!!!!
    Just in case of silly remarks my gass tank is full.

Be grateful for any help Eve

2. old-mo

old-mo Funster Extra Special Life Member

Bump...

Some one must be able to suggest something for our Eve.... (y)

3. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

Have you checked other gas appliances...cooker etc.

Your tank may be full, but is gas getting through the regulator.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Eve

Eve Read Only Funster

How the NoSwearing do I know pappajohn!!!! I am deaf as a door post!!!

• Like Like x 1
  5. DP_JAY

DP_JAY Funster Life Member

Can you light the hob?
    Does the water heater work OK?

6. Eve

Eve Read Only Funster

DP Jay
    Do you think I am stupid!!!!

I might be a mere woman!!?, but for F.... Sake

7. DP_JAY

DP_JAY Funster Life Member

Only trying to help
    You obviously know more than me - so carry on!

• Like Like x 1
  8. sedge

sedge Funster

Soooooo - dare one enquire what make is this fridge, and when did it last work on gas?

Normally when you turn a fridge onto gas from anything else, it tries to light (yes I know, LOL) but normally even if a person is hard of hearing, if you stand outside with whichever is your best ear next to the bottom vent, you may be able to hear it trying to light - a sort of cross between 'click click click' and 'twang twang twang' - are you able to discern whether it does this? (I can hear this easily inside the van, when anywhere - but Pete can only hear it outside, there)

Have to say when ours was new it stopped working after a very short while. Yes the gas was getting through, yes it was trying to light - but it turned out a) the flue was bunged up and b) something else that apparently goes quite often in such fridges, probably was suspect, so was replaced. Sorry, I can't recall the name of it - but anyway the main problem WAS the flue. We were gobsmacked after such a short time owning the thing.

9. Eve

Eve Read Only Funster

Sorry I should watch my language,!!! I just had a day of clearing out the frozen food,thinking,do I move on after paying for three days on an air with no electric or waste the food,even my dog cannot eat that much!!! Lol

Anyway laying in bed last night thinking about it,it does sound like the flue Thetford n3000 model,looking on the internet there is a recall,plus seems commen problem

Sedge I am on my own,and deaf so don,t here any click clicks,plus cannot be in two places at once,only one other Brit on the air,s and they don,t seem to friendly,never came out of there van until the afternoon,and it was hot,hot yesterday.
    Might try to take the vent off and give it a dusting,but it does not explain the red square showing on the front,will change the fuse,

If all else fails I am 10 k from Narbonne ,so can get them to have a luck,or go on site foe a day,just to make sure it's only the gas that's playing up!!!!

My apologise dP Jay,usually say Sugar for S...t,and with filling the freezer up that day,plus fridge,just lost the plot a bit,it's only food.
    Thank you anyway:wine::Eeek::france:

10. irnbru

irnbru Funster Life Member

Oh Eve I do hope you get your problem sorted. I came home from France to find my freezer door hadn't been properly closed at home so house was stinking and all food for the bin.
    Sorry but your thread comments have been rather funny coming from you.

11. Eve

Eve Read Only Funster

Irnbru,after a month away,phhhhhhhh.!!!
    I will take my blood pressure pills ,that might help!!,
    I hate this fridge,I have always had ones that automatically go to the setting,,this one pushing buttons through each setting,and that's not moving staying on battery,so switched off.

12. irnbru

irnbru Funster Life Member

No consolation I know but at least your weather is warm. I'm lying in bed in the MH listening to the rain battering down.

13. Eve

Eve Read Only Funster

The weather is a consolation,give me sunshine any day!!

Waiting for the breadvan to come,the airs is in the town,hundreds of boats around, I can happily live on cheese and bread,washed down with a glass of wine,

I am just watching the Germans racing around getting the best positions as people leave,it's very funny,must admit to moving my van just in case it was not level.

14. Cal54

Cal54 Funster Life Member

Hope you get it sorted soon Eve, however a diet of cheese, bread and wine seems a great compromise. The cheese needs to be nice and ripe and smelly so fridge not an absolute necessity with this diet!!! Just a shame you can't chill the white wine.

15. John Laidler

John Laidler Funster

Last edited: Oct 24, 2015
  16. magicsurfbus

magicsurfbus Funster

The last time our fridge was struggling on gas it turned out the inside of the flue had rusted and a chunk of rust had fallen onto the burner. To check that you'd need the vent cover off and maybe a torch, plus a long wiry thing to poke around the top of the burner in case there's a blockage.

17. Eve

Eve Read Only Funster

Thanks DBK for the information,looked at it,and that's exactly what is going on with my fridge,but no number coming up with fault,

Will have a go at changing the fuses,although must admit,only fuses I know about are on the main Panel,but anything is worth a try.
    Will look at the flue as well,I carry a mirror which has a long handle ,best tool I have.!!!!
    It's still in the Thetford three year limit, might just send e mail to Thetford,if all else fails, or stick to bread and cheese diet,with salad of course and wine,could always use fridge to store my red wine!!!!
    Will have to submit get dressed and get some work done ,

• Like Like x 1
  18. John Laidler

John Laidler Funster

• Like Like x 1
  19. Theonlysue

Theonlysue Funster Life Member

Oh dear Eve, I sense you are deffo not a happy bunny at the moment. As poster said above, try and find local Thetford fixer.
    I sympathise with you, I had to throw a load of frozen meat away earlier on this year. What a waste! !!
    Fingers crossed for you :)

20. Eve

Eve Read Only Funster

Thanks for info DBK

I am about 10k away from Narbonne,so they should be able to help, I have a feeling they close on Sunday and Monday!!!,so will go on site on Monday,check everything out,then go up there Tuesday.

Hi Theonlysue,no not a happy bunny,from the very start this Thetford fridge has played up,and what is worst Thetford have known about the problems,reading reviews.

Anyway water under the bridge!!,
    Sitting here in my Jim Jams,back doors open looking at the sun slowly rising enjoying a cuppa,it's going to be a hot day today.

• Like Like x 2