Bio Diesel

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Andy 01424, Sep 13, 2009.

1. Andy 01424

Andy 01424 Read Only Funster

Well beeen looking at other cost effective ways and Robbing old "Brownie" of to much £££ and have been looking at fuel cost so hunting a few quotes down seen locally at 85p a liter ,went into Morrisons today they have just installed Bio Diesel Pumps :thumb: Normal diesel £105.9 a litre :Doh: Bio Diesel £105.9 litre :Eeek:

on bright note house been sold buyers want to complete by end Sept so RV hunting here we go:secret::beer:

2. 6pm Cowboy

6pm Cowboy Read Only Funster

THERE WAS A POST ON HERE EARLIER TODAY BY SOMEONE SELLING A 35FT WINNIE, JUST REDUCED PRICE BY 25% TO 45K ( I think ) for quick sale ????

3. Andy 01424

Bit over our price range thanks anyway ,but do have 4 already in mind,search every ad,from the net ,forums to ebay,so fingers crossed one could be ,the one were looking for,besides have got to pass "The Missus Test ":Rofl1: first :BigGrin:

4. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

It's been the same at our local Morrisons ever since they installed the Bio Diesel pumps. Whilst they are being greedy they can keep it.

Graham

5. Decmac

Decmac Read Only Funster

Hi, If I was able to get Bio Diesel a bit cheaper than your ordinary diesel, could I just put it into the van like the ordinary diesel and drive away or do you need to have modifications made to the engine first. Regards and thanks for replies - decmac

6. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

Hi

Morrisons bio diesel is a 30% blend .. some info here

7. Andy 01424

type bio diesel in search i will try an dfind the site that gives companies who sell it ,i am lucky nearest is 7 mile away;
    as for running it most dont have to be remapped,but it is best if you going to run Bio to change fuel filters and any rubber hoses as bio will clean the wax residue out of the lines and this is where it builds up,they do say you can do a mix of norm and bio,and run at least one tank of bio with no probs,suggest you ask your local dealer if any forseen probs,but i will be looking at running Bio,mainly because of the cost

here you go click on map where you live :
    http://www.biodieselfillingstations.co.uk/outlets.htm

Last edited: Sep 14, 2009
  8. anjer

anjer Read Only Funster

But what about older vans and bio?. I have a 1995 Fiat 2.5 turbo direct injection in my Hymer

9. Andy 01424

Contact fiat and ask them easiest solution :thumb: a few of the newer engines may need a tweak to stop it pinking ,but a lot of the older engines [non electric inj] ie ancient land rover will run and basic any oil for fuel, a guy i know waits for Lidl or Aldi to have an Oil sale and grabs lots of it :RollEyes: