bilbao to madrid

Discussion in 'Continental Touring' started by williamb, Dec 31, 2008.

1. williamb

williamb Read Only Funster

right this is doing my head in i am trying to find out when you leave bilbao well actualy santurzi where the p&o ferry docks do you have to go on any toll roads to get to madrid hope someone knows it cracking me up.:Rofl1:

2. Pikey Pete

Pikey Pete Read Only Funster

The quick answer is no, not if you don't want to. It depends where you are going to after Madrid or is that your final destination ?
    I would suggest though that you would find it easier to use toll roads for the first part of the journey.
    Pete

3. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

4. vindiboy

vindiboy Funster

get a TOMTOM sat nav [ or any other inferior type will probaly do ] and plan your route telling TOMTOM to stay off toll roads and Bobs your Dads Brother your there, easy peasy.:thumb::thumb:

5. JayDee

JayDee Funster

Does your TomTom try to send you down 6 feet wide lanes? My satnav does:Doh:, particularly on the Isle of Wight.

John

6. Reallyretired

Reallyretired Funster

Tom Tom may send you down narrow lanes and under low bridges, mine does even in Kent/Sussex. :Doh:

I am trying to argue myself into splashing out £300+ on a snooper truckmate.
    This looks ideal, you just put in the height width and weight of your vehicle and it will plan the route to avoid any unsuitable road. You can even put in if you have a trailer (toad?) or are carrying hazardous cargos :Eek!:

7. JayDee

JayDee Funster

Sounds ideal - towing a trailer and have 20 litres of wine and a wife as hazardous cargo :Laughing:- maybe I'd better make myself scarce for a while :Blush:

John