Bikes towing trailers question

Discussion in 'Continental Touring' started by TheTwoOfUs, Apr 27, 2012.

1. TheTwoOfUs

TheTwoOfUs Funster

A bit of a stab in the dark here. Does anybody know the position regarding a solo motorcycle towing a trailer in France/Spain. Do you have to carry emergency triangles? I know solo motorcycles don't, presumably because of lack of space but with a trailer that is not necessarily a problem.

2. vwalan

vwalan Funster

to be honest i have never thought about it. but if you contact watsonian squire ltd northwick business centre blockley gloucester they may know they also can give you all the specs for towing regards weights etc. tel 01386 700907 .always find them very helpfull.
    also they have a great range of trailers for bikes and trikes.
    www.watsonian-squire.com

3. LARRY99

LARRY99 Funster Life Member

we have towed all over europe with our wing and trailer and never carried a triangle(mind you the wing never broke down , so perhaps never got the chance to find out off the local law), when travelling down to madrid the motorway police would follow us for a while (the spanish wingers were not allowed to tow trailers, but we were as we were visitors) so perhaps a check with gwocgb could answer your questions, as there are still many wingers still doing the foriegn treffens.:Wink::Wink:

4. TheTwoOfUs

TheTwoOfUs Funster

GWOCGB is where the query has come from:Eeek:

5. dellwood33

dellwood33 Read Only Funster

Possibly not a requirement as the trailer needs 2 reflective triangles on the back ? :Smile:

6. welsh winger

welsh winger Read Only Funster

You could check with Duncan the inter rep of GWOCGB, he can get the full rules from his opposite number in France/Spain

Nick

7. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

Better not use an A-frame.

8. mick noe

mick noe Funster

up to about four years ago before we got the motorhome we have towed a bike trailer regularly through France never had any problems:thumb: (unbelievably best bike I ever had to tow with was a V Max!)
    Now take my Sportster on a trailer behind the motorhome so best of both worlds... bliss roll on June:Smile:

9. vwalan

vwalan Funster

i used to tow a trailer behind my drifter . towed them better than some cars . it as towed the teardrop although it was too wide to be legal.
    i know just settle for a dax in the trailer for bike rides when away. ease of getting it in and out . but its a shame the tear is too wide.
    with some of the bikes these days they have more torque than cars .and engine sizes to make cars seem babies . certainly my 1500 is fantastic . not fast but pulls cars to bump start easy.