Bike rack

Discussion in 'Top Tips & Tricks' started by Mudstuck, Jul 7, 2016.

1. Mudstuck

Mudstuck Funster

I have a fiamma pro c bike rack that came with motorhome but the red plastic etc fittings have all faded,has anyone painted these? If so using which paint? Thanks Mark IMG_20160707_170443.jpg

2. emmitdb

emmitdb Funster

Just a thought.
    Elsewhere on Fun people have used a hot air gun to restore faded front bumpers. (I used the method successfully on my car bumper after an argument with a Cornish hedge, but that's another story!)

Could I suggest that an experiment with the same plastic fittings on your Bike rack may come up trumps.

3. dochiley

dochiley Funster

I have the same problem plus green growth. The latter was easy to clean off with washing up liquid but interested to hear a solution to the faded red plastic. Will go and try bumper/plastic restorer cream and let you know.

4. Feltwell

Feltwell Funster

I don't know the answer, but I wouldn't paint them. Paint on plastic like that won't stay on in the longer term and will start to flake, at which point it will look 10 times worse than it does today.

My solution has been ignore the fading!

5. dochiley

dochiley Funster

I have applied AutoGlyn plastic and trim gel to the red fittings. It looks good. However, when I use it on large black plastic areas on the front of Ducato the 'invigorated' look doesn't last