Best TV internal/external aerial

Discussion in 'TV & Satellite' started by mjg, Nov 17, 2014.

1. mjg

mjg Funster

Hi, Looking to get a top class aerial for my motorhome TV. I do not want a roof dome/dish but, rather, something compact that can be used either internally within the motorhome or externally (but without the need for a fixed external mounting). Have read a lot of stuff online but most is promoting their own product. Would welcome a third party view of "do's and don'ts" as well as recommendations. Thanks, in advance. MJG

2. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

If you don't want to do a proper job with a Status 550 then a normal cheap house type you'll have to make a bracket for £20 the lot.

3. mike mcglynn

mike mcglynn Funster Life Member

Hi, try an avtex aerial I found that the one I got with my new tv was at least 3 times better than my status aerial .

4. Wombles

Wombles Funster

• Like Like x 1
  5. John Laidler

John Laidler Funster

My experience of small indoor aerials is they are useless. We've got a massive aerial in our attic but we still lose the picture in heavy rain and there is an amplifier in the system. The problem is we live in a dip in the ground and to get a decent signal it needs to be mounted externally.

In a MH I suspect you will get a better signal in marginal areas with a roof mounted aerial and what the MH is made of will also be a factor.

If you have line of sight to the transmitter a coat hanger will work but you won't always have this.

6. gozomike

gozomike Funster Life Member Life Member

7. homercostello

homercostello Funster

Hi we bough a Falcon digital aerial from the stratford show and have been very impressed with it using it inside the motorhome
    and have now sikaflexed it to the roof when i installed a solar panel and routed it thro the inlet box. this uses no power so great off grid.www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9aw-d_ez4s

8. Wildman

Wildman Read Only Funster

the best antenna is one that works for you.