Best places to take your motorhome skiing?

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by bunny2, Oct 26, 2010.

1. bunny2

bunny2 Read Only Funster

We plan to go skiing again this season although it looks like it will need to be in February at half term.

Last year we went to Engleberg , nice camp site, excellent facilities but the slopes were along way off and not really suited to my 5 and 7 year old.

Lots of green and blue slopes would be good and a resort that is not too far away as time will be limited.

Can anyone suggest a really good resort, with a good campsite that is great for kids??

2. Wildman

Wildman Read Only Funster

never tried to fit skies to a motorhome so suggest you try a skid pan:Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1:

3. 1948

1948 Read Only Funster

hi
    have a look at motorhomeski.com. a lot of info regarding MH skiing

4. Jaws

Jaws Funster Life Member

Bugger !! Wildman beat me to it !

I was gonna say find the biggest hill with the gentlest slope up it else you could run into serious grip problems.. You are NEVER going to get a motorhome on a ski lift that's for sure

5. Doddy999

Doddy999 Read Only Funster

I done many years driving coaches to all the resorts throughout Europe.
    Here's an idea maybe. Think there's an Aire also at the top.

Code:
    http://www.legrandbornand.com/hiver-winter/accommodation/campsites/760.html

6. activecampers

activecampers Read Only Funster

I've been looking into this - and we've come up with Valloire. (well, we were tipped with Valloire and other options, and Valloire seems to be OUR best fit)
    Not the biggest nor greatest place, but there is a reasonable campsite and the town is okay.
    Loasd of green/blue runs.
    Season pass also covers discount in other resorts - including Val Thorens (loads of green/blue - and another campsite there too!) (Orelle)
    Best bit - early bird adult ski pass for 199€ :) which covers 150kms of runs, as well as 40% off passes elsewhere in the vally.
    Supposed to be good for kids - but do your own research.

7. bunny2

bunny2 Read Only Funster

Finally decided on Chatel having looked at motorhome ski and read numerous reviews.

Good camp-site with free pool at CAMPING L'OUSTALET. I'm not sure my wife would stand a week on an Aire !

Lots of suitable family skiing near by to suit our vast range of experience from my youngest at 5 who is just learning to ski to my eldest at 8 who is an aspiring Junior Race Skier . From Chatel there is also access to the massive Portes du Soleil area.

8. activecampers

activecampers Read Only Funster

Just an update for you.
    I'm at Vallorie now having a day off boarding - erm - sore back/bum from a fall yesterday.
    Can't find anything to fault the campsite or area really - more details are on my site with pics.
    Slopes are almost empty and no queuing at all. lots of nice easy greens and even a free area for real novices.
    Campsite is 13A power which is fine and ACSI €20pn.
    Hope you have a good time wherever you end up!