Beadnell overnight parking / sleeping allowed by council (1 Viewer)

May 2, 2014
Washington
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 584DL
Exp
17 years + 35 tugging

Anybody stayed here please, looks a good place to try, support the initiative and local pub / restaurants

Particularly interested in Beadnell, but it also covers Bamburgh and Amble

My main query is you need to book at latest the day before and specify which bay number you will stay in, knowing my luck I will pick the one by the bins with no view, when the best position is the other end 🙄😁
Can't answer for the motorhome stop but suggest you also visit Craster, eat fresh crab sandwiches at it's local pub and take an evocative walk from there along the beach to Dunstanburgh castle. Tell me the hair on your neck didn't stand on end just a little bit.

Feb 14, 2021
Milton Keynes, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 727G
Exp
19 month year 18000 miles UK, Ireland, France, Spain, Germany, Italy. Campsites and off Grid.
Whilst it is good to see councils taking note of motorhome usage and providing places like this it does seem a little money grabbing at £12 with no facilities. I am not sure what daytime rates are but essentially they are allowing what would normally be an unused space, off peak, no cost to them and charging quite a lot for it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Whilst it is good to see councils taking note of motorhome usage and providing places like this it does seem a little money grabbing at £12 with no facilities. I am not sure what daytime rates are but essentially they are allowing what would normally be an unused space, off peak, no cost to them and charging quite a lot for it.
There will have been a cost in that the work to vary the TRO will have had a cost and the company that maintains the machines and chargig system will have required paying for the work they did.
I suppose it is a matter of opinion as to whether the charg is too much or not but, like any venture, if they charge too much they risk not making the return they expect.
If you feel strongly enough why not write to the council explaining your reasoning and asking for a reduction?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back