Battery charging hyma info

Discussion in 'Tech/Mech General' started by nunny666, May 26, 2014.

1. nunny666

nunny666

Firstly I appologise if this is hidden somwhere but I can't find it ,can someone inform me as to if when ime plugged into mains electric after the leisure battery has charged dies it also charge the starter battery on my 1994 hyma b534 ?, the on board charger unit is the basic charger unit wushu no relays etc la 110 , thànks in advance

2. TheBig1

TheBig1 Funster Life Member

not on the early vans but it was a feature of later vans with the newer charger. to charge the van battery you need to select it as the source from the control panel whilst on charge. just a rocker switch on early vans

or you could fit a charge bypass relay or battery master or wire in a second battery trickle charger

3. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

after the leisure battery has charged dies it also charge the starter battery

no, an analogue/mechanical battery charger (which you have) cannot select individual batteries to charge from a bank or indeed individual batteries.

Multiple batteries in the same bank will charge at the same time.....but...more batteries, longer charge time.

Last edited: May 26, 2014
  4. nunny666

nunny666

Cheers guys