Battery chargers?

Discussion in 'The Beginner' started by Volusia, Oct 28, 2013.

1. Volusia

Volusia

Hi all. Can anyone recommend a good, reliable trickle charger for the leisure battery?

2. superk

superk Read Only Funster

Always found CTEK good:
    CTEK chargers are the smartest car, marine, leisure and commercial vehicle battery chargers in the World. Designed and developed in Sweden, they are highly versatile, easy to use, compact battery chargers and proven award winners*. All the products manufactured by CTEK are tested and then constructed to the highest standards, which are far in excess of those required by the top product testing agencies such as the independent testing and certification agency, TÜV Rheinland Group.
    http://www.ctekchargers.co.uk/?gclid=CLeOzaa4uboCFbLLtAodpGcAVw

Keith

3. jonandshell

jonandshell Funster

Firstly, a 'trickle charger' is a thing of the past. Continuously charging a battery at a fixed voltage is bad for the battery!
    I must presume that you wish to leave your an on hookup and maintain your battery.
    Have you identified the type of onboard charger that you have in the Rapido. Rapido have used CBE electrical components for a while now, you already might have a charger suitable for 'floating' your battery and maintaining its condition.
    If not, I know halfords and Ctek make chargers that you can connect and forget, allowing the charger to look after things.:thumb:

4. Volusia

Volusia

Thanks for the info, must look around to see if one is already fitted, if not its going to be as you both recommend. Thanks again.
    I used to have 5 leisure batteries on my last boat with a Clarke charger set on a timer of around 20 mins a day. Worked well but one you suggest sounds great.

5. TheHat

TheHat Funster Life Member