Batteries

Discussion in 'American RV's' started by dennis the menace, Jan 13, 2009.

1. dennis the menace

dennis the menace Read Only Funster

Hi I am new to the site,so Happy new year. I would like to know what size starting batteries would anyone recommend for my Bayport?.It has the 6.5 diesel in it and I think the capacity of the batteries are too small....:cry:

2. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

hi dennis and welcome to the FUN.:BigGrin:

sorry, cant help with your battery question but im sure someone will be along soon to help you. :thumb:

john.

3. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

measure the battery box and buy the biggest heavy duty battery that will fit .. bearing in mind post connection type and orientation ..

my premiss being it can never be too big.. not very scientific but it worked for me..

4. PeteH

PeteH Funster

Hi

I have the G-M 6.5td, the battery is an 800CCA and is about the size physically of a 110amp leisure battery, Its still going strong 5 year on!! (CCA= Cold Cranking Amps).

Pete

5. iceni

iceni Read Only Funster

Consider making yourself a battery box and putting in as many batteries as you can. Make sure they are vented to the outside though and that its properly secured in case of a crash (sorry to sound dramatic but the last thing you want is 25kg of acid flying about. It doesnt matter how many batteries you have as long as they are connected in parallel ie positive to positive and negative to negataive with heavy gauge wire. i assume that you us rv guys use 12v systems...dont you?:Eeek:

Phill