Bargain Colour Laser Printer

Discussion in 'Computers' started by dna, Jul 8, 2013.

1. dna

dna Funster

eBuyer are offereing the Dell 1660W printer at £53.99 - including economy delivery and VAT. As far as I can tell this was originally priced at about £150. Dell have reduced it to £115 but at the eBuyer price I think it is a real bargain. :BigGrin::BigGrin:

http://www.ebuyer.com/450874-dell-c1660w-colour-printer-210-41070

I bought one a couple of weeks ago for my daughter as she is just starting as a school teacher and we are very impressed with the quality of the output.

To be fair the toner included in the box only has a life expectancy of 500 sheets but I've posted this as it is a laser in the cheap inkjet price range.
    (I don't have any association with Dell or eBuyer except as a satisfied customer)

DNA

2. Janine

Janine Funster Life Member

• Like Like x 2
  3. rainbow chasers

rainbow chasers Read Only Funster

Always the way it gets you! I found the cheapest place to get toner for our printer is of all places Makro! Cheaper than online - and genuine!

Defo check when buying printers what tomers and inks cost - as you often find the cheaper ones are expensive enough to warrant buying a new printer when you run out!

4. cmcardle75

cmcardle75 Read Only Funster

Be careful with those toner prices. If you're printing regularly it can be better to spend more to get one that will take cheap refills. In particular, check that the DRM techniques in use can be bypassed and check that the cartridges are hoppers only and don't have other consumables, like drums, incorporated that prevents you refilling many times without that consumable degrading.

5. Terry

Terry Funster

Years ago there was a site called freeprinter .com that sent you a free printer if you bought the ink refills --probably still around if you google
    Terry

6. dna

dna Funster

and the toner can be reasonably cheap

sorry,

I should have added that my son has a previous colour Dell model (in the 1300 range I think) and has found a reliable source of compatible toner for around £50 a set (3 colours + black) so I still think for reasonably light use, this is a good buy and a viable alternative to an inkjet for home use.

However, I agree for anyone who wants to produce high volumes of output, there are cheaper ways to go.

• Like Like x 1