Bailey motorhome anyone?

Discussion in 'Motorhomes in the News' started by CHRI$, Sep 20, 2011.

1. CHRI$

CHRI$ Funster

2. Mikemoss

Mikemoss Read Only Funster

Hmm, not sure. Just read the test of the six-berth overcab in this month's MMM and, as usual, there are some bits I quite like and others I don't. The Alu-Tec thingy makes it look a bit blocky and ugly, particularly from the rear, but I like the sound of GRP skins on the outside and inside of the walls.

The layout is my preference - front dinette, rear lounge with enough space for two singles or one giant double. The trouble is that they've put the little TV chest-cum-space-for resting cups of tea, pints of beer, glasses of wine etc up front near the dinnette - there's no flat space to put anything down in the rear. How about one of your very convenient caravan-style chests of drawers in the back, Mr Bailey?

Kitchen and washroom both look fine, but overall, when, oh when, is one manufacturer going to break away from the current fashion for neutral (ie bland, boring and impractical) colours for the interior fabrics? That, alone, is enough to put me off buying this or any other new motorhome with similar variations on the beige/cream/light brown theme.

3. trophychap

trophychap Funster

Mike
    I suggest you check out Bailey's web site!

We were looking at it only yesterday and there is an option for a chest of drawers at the rear of the 6 berth.

I would also think that as the model develops that there will be choices of colours fabrics ect for the interiors, after all Bailey have been in the caravan market over fifty years, so probably have some idea of what sells and doesn't!

Personally I think that single colour upholstery as found on some high class German vans can be a bit overwhelming whether it be beige, or octarine!

• Like Like x 2
  4. jonandshell

jonandshell Funster

There's a test in this month's Caravan Club magazine.

Our opinion is that they are very conservatively copying all the other UK manufacturers and there is nothing to persuade an owner of a continental van to swap allegiances, which is a shame.:Sad:

We would love to buy a British mh, but nobody makes one fit for purpose.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2011
  5. peter marshall

peter marshall

Lets hope the wheels stop on :Cool::Cool:

• Like Like x 1
  6. JohnM

JohnM Read Only Funster

Would agree 100% we made the mistake in Jan this year and bought uk,changing back tomorrow to euro quality.

7. motorhomelover

motorhomelover

nothing in the euro range would get me to change from my American RV

having proper house fittings in bath room and kitchen is better than the light weight plastics in the euro`s

every thing in i compact 25 foot and an engine that will pull it along at proper speed up hilll and down dale

all for less than £30K

8. dshague

dshague Funster

if you want to no what they are like to own ask Teasy2007 they have one .they are in spain for two months but ginney comes on fun most days

9. CHRI$

CHRI$ Funster

teasy2007 have a bentley aulten not a bailey.
    bailey motorhomes have not been launched yet,but if they are anything like bailey caravans they should be well built:thumb:
    my last caravan was a bailey and i aint got a bad word to say about it:thumb: