Bailey gas bottle sizes

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by BobtheBass, Feb 26, 2014.

1. BobtheBass

BobtheBass Funster

I am waiting for delivery any day now of a new Bailey Approach Autograph 625, and have been thinking about fitting a refillable gas bottle or two. Problem is Bailey say the gas locker will take 2 10kg bottles, and there is no such thing as a 10kg refillable bottle. I emailed them for help, and their reply was "we have never heard of an 11kg bottle(!) and base our sizes on a BP Gas Light bottle, and no, even though we have never heard of an 11kg bottle it won't fit!

What should I do? The obvious thing is to buy 2 x 6kg bottles, but I was hoping to fit larger. How can Bailey base their whole range on a single make, which I understand is not the easiest to replace, and ignore what appears to be an industry standard, or am I missing something somewhere?

2. Nethernut

Nethernut Read Only Funster

We have an Approach 745 with 11 kg and 6 kg gaslow bottles which are being transferred to our new Autograph 745 next month. Our dealer assures us that the 11 kg gaslow will fit.

3. chaser

chaser Funster

Not pushing anything but as most of you will know iv been looking at refillable bottles for a bit now, and found gasit bottles far cheaper than gaslow, one example I can't understand is the French conversion thingy is £17 on gaslow but the exact same thing is £5 on gasit website:Doh:

4. tim22es

tim22es Read Only Funster

Flo Gas do a 11kg propane cylinder, its dimensions are 305mm wide and 550mm high, including collar.