B564 faulty shower control... any advice please (1 Viewer)

May 22, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 600DT
Exp
Since 2012
The shower has stopped working in my B564. The water pump is ok and pressurises the system when other taps are used. If the shower control is left in open position and another tap is opened (thus activating the pump) the shower works, suggesting no issues with pipework.
Im guessing the microswitch on the shower control is faulty.

Does anyone have experience with replacing the microswitch or do I need to replace the whole control unit.... the latter would seem very wasteful if its only the switch at fault.

Any help gratefully received... as I desperately need a shower!!! ;)

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
Yes, you have diagnosed the fault correctly: it is a failed micro-switch in the shower mixer tap. Assuming it is a Reich tap (most are in Hymers) there will be a way to remove the top and access the switch. I suggest you have a look at the Leisureshop Direct website to determine which tap unit you have and then order the switch. hey also provide useful tips on how to replace the switch. If you need more help than the website gives, then phone them - they are very helpful.
https://www.leisureshopdirect.com/water/caravan-taps/reich-taps/microswitches-for-reich-taps

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
@HomerB564
Yeah I've changed 2 over the past 5 years not a difficult job just a bit fiddily as @JeanLuc suggested I got mine from leisureshopdirect.
Always carry a spare as well.(y)(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
On many, you unscrew the lever, pull off the metal cover, and you can see the mechanism held in place by a screw.

As a contingency plan, obviously you could block the washbasin sink tap with tape/foam and tie-wrap and stretch over to reach that. Or one of those small spring clamps you get in DIY stores would be easier to remove when required.

Meanwhile, remember that a switch is just a fancy way of touching two wires together. When the kitchen tap switch failed, I bought a switch from a car parts shop, pulled out the tap wiring spade connectors and wired it in. Stuck just under the worktop, it worked for weeks until the new part finally arrived.

Why don't they use an optical sensor, no moving parts, a million times more reliable, and smaller than a microswitch? Pennypinching, I suppose.

Jul 6, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic A clas
Exp
Since 1990
If you have the Reich Kama model you just carefully prise out the two blue and white plastic inserts on top of the tap. This reveals a screw. Undo the screw and the lever comes off with the micro switch attached.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back