Awning

Discussion in 'Motorhome Accessories' started by pitin, Mar 30, 2014.

1. pitin

pitin Read Only Funster

Hi, I've just bought a fiat ducato bessacarr E350 and need to buy a drive away awing, however I haven't got a gutter channel (think that's what its called) on the side of the van. So my question is can I still have an awing as all the ones I've viewed seem to attach to this. What does anyone recommend?

2. TheBig1

TheBig1 Funster Life Member

most people I know connect to the front of their canopy awning, fiamma or omnistor. alternatively several on here have fitted an awning rail lower down below the canopy for a driveaway to be attached to

3. martin1485

martin1485 Funster

4. Johns_Cross_Motorhomes

Johns_Cross_Motorhomes Trader - Motorhome & Accessory Sales

5. Trikeman

Trikeman Read Only Funster

Hi, if you have a roll out awning on your van it may have the C channel already there (to check, just wind out your awning a little and you should see it). If it has, there is no need to fit an awning rail to the van itself.
    If your roll out has then that's all you need to fit your drive away awning on is a kador strip and figure 8 channel to fit the tunnel to the roll out awning.
    Here's ours - 5 mins and the Khyam awning is up and fitted to the van. When we want to go away from the pitch just pull out the figure 8 and off we go leaving the awning on the pitch. When you get back just slide in the figure 8 strip and your back in business.

Is this what you are trying to achieve?

[​IMG]

If it is then it really is a simple but efficient way to attach a drive away awning.

Regards,

Trikeman. :Wink:

6. Minxy Girl

Minxy Girl Funster Life Member

An alternative way to attach a drive-away awning is to throw the straps that come with it, over the top of the MH and secure them on the other side, so you don't actually have to have an actually strip on it to attach to if you don't want, or an existing wind out awning.

• Like Like x 1