Free Member
Mar 18, 2014
cornwall
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi, I've just bought a fiat ducato bessacarr E350 and need to buy a drive away awing, however I haven't got a gutter channel (think that's what its called) on the side of the van. So my question is can I still have an awing as all the ones I've viewed seem to attach to this. What does anyone recommend?

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
most people I know connect to the front of their canopy awning, fiamma or omnistor. alternatively several on here have fitted an awning rail lower down below the canopy for a driveaway to be attached to

Jan 26, 2010
Conwy, North Wales
Funster No
MH
Relay self build
Exp
Since 2007

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
Hi, if you have a roll out awning on your van it may have the C channel already there (to check, just wind out your awning a little and you should see it). If it has, there is no need to fit an awning rail to the van itself.
If your roll out has then that's all you need to fit your drive away awning on is a kador strip and figure 8 channel to fit the tunnel to the roll out awning.
Here's ours - 5 mins and the Khyam awning is up and fitted to the van. When we want to go away from the pitch just pull out the figure 8 and off we go leaving the awning on the pitch. When you get back just slide in the figure 8 strip and your back in business.

Is this what you are trying to achieve?

If it is then it really is a simple but efficient way to attach a drive away awning.

Regards,

Trikeman. :winky:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
An alternative way to attach a drive-away awning is to throw the straps that come with it, over the top of the MH and secure them on the other side, so you don't actually have to have an actually strip on it to attach to if you don't want, or an existing wind out awning.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back