Free Member
Aug 28, 2012
Elgin,Moray,Scotland
Funster No
MH
bailey approach 760 se
Exp
since 2012
Bit of a moan really just dropped of my MH at large holiday park in Nairn for my daughter and family for a few days
As week not have an awning we decided to put up the gizibbo to give them some extra room for the dog etc
When I checked in was told if you have an awning there is NO extra charge but it will be £3 night for the gizibbo
Takes up the same space !!!! So why the charge I asked
Don't know says the " nice " girls but that's what it says on the price list " sorry"
Just a rip off !!!!!

errpaul

Free Member
Feb 27, 2009
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
11 yrs
Always looking for ways to make extra money. Tent on the same pitch can incur additional charges and a small pop up tent is much smaller than an awning or gazebo.
What really gets me though is having to pay for an additional charge for a car with a motorhome........how is it any different to a car and a caravan :Angry:

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
I can empathise with you.

We have a 4 berth Khyam Motordome Sleeper (which is huge) drive away awning and in two recently used sites attracts no additional charge to the standard motorhome charge. However, as it was quite warm (and we weren't using the sleeper bit anyway) we enquired about putting up our small pop-up gazebo,,,,,,,,,
WHAT, a gazebo,,,,, that will be an additional £3.00 per night :whatthe: - the gazebo has half the ground area of the Khyam and is just basically a roof on sticks...... What about our wind-out awning? chirps the Wife, 'Oh no additional charge for the wind out awning' came the reply - the wind out awning is a roof - without sticks and is twice the size of our pop-up gazebo............:Blush:

When we laughed (so did the guy) it then came out that they try to deter gazebos, and the reason given is that 'they are generally used for gatherings, usually end up as drunken party gatherings,,,, and we don't want that here'.:roflmto:

Strange but true.

Regards (and just as confused)

Trikeman. :winky:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Like - you can't have a gathering (drunken or otherwise) in an awning ?

Sorry Mr Campsite Man, if you'd said that to me, I'd feel duty bound, obliged and compelled in fact, to prove you wrong about that ! :ROFLMAO:

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
i could have a gathering in a 2 man tent :ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun